1

When Dan landed he was a little disgruntled and curious as to where he landed. He looked around, dead bodies, weapons strung about everywhere.

Thump

He felt something hit his back, he turned around and saw Danny on the ground unconscious. 'Hmm, if I kill him I'd be no more. But if I gain his trust, he'd dependent on me considering the war we stepped into and I could protect
him.' He thought

With that, he carried the boy, who stirred a bit, and flew invisible over the battlefield as beings with blue skin and being with pointy hats fought. As they fought, a weapon of some sort flew towards their direction. He let himself be hit, smirking smugly in his head as his green blood flowed out of his wound where the weapon pierced his skin.

Landing, he set Danny down and put up a ghost shield over him. Flying a little ways over so he couldn't be seen, he started fighting but he let things hit him. He had to resist the urge use his powers, but he managed. Once more started rolling in, he turned invisible and left. When he landed he checked the damage.

3 broken ribs, 2 bruised ribs, dislocated shoulder, open wound from implement, and a shattered ankle.

Not bad.

He limped to the shield doing his best to look tired, battered, and more bruised than he actually is. When he got there, he saw that his little blast from the past was awake. He smirked and made a spectacle of himself by shaking the burned foliage. Silently laughing at Danny's frightened face, he got out and watched as the boy's face slowly went from relieved to absolute horror to complete and utter anger.

"You!"

"Yes me. And is that any way to treat someone who fought to keep you alive."

"What do you mean alive?"

"You ran into a natural portal into this wasteland. Apparently there's a war going on and while you were passed out, I layed you down but, some fighters saw me land and attacked me. I put up a shield around just in case they tried to attack you. I led them away from you, I was still alittle .......weak from the fight with you and they got a few lucky hits."
I said gesturing to my wounds with my free hand.

"Oh. But why did you protect me?"

"Regardless if you think you won't turn into me, you are still a younger me. I feel inclined to protect myself thank you very much."

"Oh"

"The injuries will heal later. Come on, we have to find shelter." I said lifting the shield.

The boy looked like he was contemplating it but regardless he followed me.