1. Art exams, Buses and Annoying gits

"Angelise Stevens!"

I winced at the sharp, hissed voice and turned around.

"Ms Hugh, my name is Evangelise, not Angelise," I replied.

"Whatever your name is, I don't particularly care right now. Get your butt inside that waiting room right now, or you'll regret it!" Ms Hugh glared at me, and just as I was about to scurry off, I heard her muttering to herself. " Five minutes late prior to the reporting time! I've never seen anybody that late! Ever! In my entire time of working here..."

I sighed, thanking my lucky stars that I wasn't completely late, and rushed into the waiting room, preparing myself for what was to come, and desperately trying not to think about what had happened, before this...

Confused? Maybe I should backtrack.
***
I've always been a procastinater. I never really had that much of a problem with being a procrastinator, as miraculously I would always be able to hand in my items in time.

This time, however, it seemed that my luck had run out.

When I had found out that there was an art competition going on, and that five lucky winners of the competition could get an audition for a full paid scholarship to the university of my dreams, I just had to participate.

I had been selected, amongst four others, and that's when I heard that there were three  stages of the audition.

Firstly, there was the sending in of five differently themed artworks.

Secondly, if you made it through that round, there were tests on your academics.

Thirdly, a small group of people were picked that second stage to go for the interviews.

I had gotten through the first round, and for some unfathomable reason, I had not started preparing for the tests during the month we were given, and instead crammed it all into the night before the tests, staying up until two am.

This is the time that I pause for the clapping of the sheer absurdness of the situation.

Anyway.

When I woke up at 8.30 in the morning, I just got up and slowly walked to the bathroom, still half asleep.

It was only when the cold water of the bath shocked me, waking me up completely that it hit me- it was the day of the tests, and not some other Saturday afternoon.

What I did next was understandable.

Meaning, I completely flipped out and finished my shower at half my usual speed, before brushing my teeth and dressing myself in the clothes I had put out the previous night. Then, I grabbed my backpack and ran out of the house.

With my documents in my arms, I rushed towards the bus stop, completely aware of the fact that I was supposed to arrive at 9.00, fifteen minutes before I sat for the test.

The bus that I had to take pulled up, and I got on hurriedly, struggling to carry all of my documents in my arms.

The bus doors closed and as it started moving, I lurched forwards. Being the accident-prone girl that I was, I lost my balance, and toppled forward. The papers fell out of my arms and I waved my arms wildly, trying to regain my balance. Suddenly, my left hand caught onto something, and I fell face first onto the bus floor.

Wait a minute.

The bus floor wasn't so soft.

And my lips were touching something soft that mysteriously did not feel like the floor.

What the heck?

Slowly, my eyes travelled downwards, and they landed on a pair of brown eyes.

I didn't know bus floors had eyes.

Then I realised what must have happened.

When I was falling, I must have accidentally pulled the collar of a person, causing him to fall down along with me, and now...

I was kissing a random stranger.

Not to mention, a hot stranger.

I snapped out of my thoughts, letting out a muffled squeak, and immediately pulled away from the stranger, standing up and covering my mouth with my hands.

Oh shit.

The boy stared back at me for a second, confusion masking his features, before his lips -that I had just kissed- tugged upwards into a smirk.

I looked away, feeling my cheeks burn as I quickly gathered up all my documents and turned around, my back to the boy. I could feel his eyes on me as he stood up, and he continued staring at me, making me extremely uncomfortable.

Was he expecting an apology, then?

Taking a deep breath, I turned around.

The boy was still staring at me, and I swallowed, trying not to be distracted by his surprisingly good looks.

"Um... Sorry?" I said, the sentence accidentally ending in a question mark. The boy looked like he was trying not to laugh, and I just turned around again, my cheeks burning even more brightly this time, as I silently smacked myself on the forehead.

Finally, after a few more minutes of awkward silence, I got off the bus, and as if just remembering what I had to do, I ran towards the school.

***

I groaned inwardly at the painful flashback, and tried to focus on the task at hand- a last minute revision of the test.

"Okay, I will now call your names one by one. If your name is called, please go into room A. "

I gulped, focusing on the lady at the front of the room, reading out the names. However, that small part of my brain still lingered on that kiss.

That kiss was nothing, I told myself.

But the truth was, I knew that that kiss...It did mean something to me.

***
A/N
Hi! This is the first chapter of Colour Pencils, Music Projects and First Kisses. If you found it nice, please do vote and maybe share it with a friend! If you didn't really like this chapter, or felt like it could do with some improvements, do drop a comment on how to improve myself!

Thanks for reading!