Chapter 1

Sitting in Dr Kirsten's office 2 weeks after I had surgery, I swear I'm more nervous for the results of my surgery than what I was for the actual surgery. My hands are entwined with Ethan's sitting next to me and my eyes follow the direction of his gaze and it lands on a poster on the wall of a baby in the womb and the smile on his face melts my heart.

I clear my throat to let him know I caught him and he pulls me into a tight hug, Keeta, how I hate that nickname but the way it rolls off Ethan's tongue just makes me all giddy inside. I can't help but smile when I think of you being pregnant with our boy, I smiled knowing how much Ethan wanted a child, oh really and what if it's a girl I question, well then I need to get myself a gun, I rolled my eyes but leaned in and kissed him like my life depended on in, things quickly got heated until we heard a loud cough. My face immediately went red, embarrassed as hell, I..I am so sorry Dr

Good Day Miss Harrison, Mr Lucas, how are you doing Nikita, any pain, has the wound healed? I feel much better Dr Kirsten, I have some pain but the worst is over I smiled. That's sounds normal, I would like to check for myself, you think you can manage to climb up on so that I can have a look? I nod knowing that I hated these exams. I'll just give you a moment to change and then I'll be back. Ethan looked at me and growled do you really have to be naked for this, I laughed, relax baby it's standard procedure.

Once I was done Dr Kirsten reappeared and did a thorough check and changed my bandages, well Nikita your wound is healing nicely, you can remove the bandages in a few days but other than that you are good to go. Once you're done changing please come to my consulting room so that I can share the results with you. As soon Dr Kirsten left the room Ethan was by my side trying to cover my naked body, I held back a giggle and said Ethan you are probably the only guy jealous of a Gynaecologist, Keeta he touched you in all the places I haven't been able to get too in two weeks. I laughed loud it will only be you and your dirty thoughts..........

We walked back into the room and sat down, the look on Dr Kirsten's face didn't look promising I wasn't sure I was ready for what was about to come next. Nikita I am afraid I don't have good news, I could feel the colour draining from my face, Ethan took my hand into his and I held on for dear life. I am afraid you have Endometriosis, I managed to burn most of it during surgery but I am afraid you are already at stage 4 and there is no medical cure for it.

The room started spinning I wasn't sure what Endometriosis was but it sounded scary, immediately tears fell from my eyes and I heard Ethan ask Endo what? Is Keeta going to die?

Nikita you are not dying but the condition is serious. Endometriosis is a disorder in which the tissue that forms the lining of your uterus grows outside of your uterine cavity. The lining of your uterus is called the endometrium. Endometriosis occurs when the endometrium grows on your ovaries bowel, and tissues lining your pelvis. It's unusual for endometrial tissue to spread beyond your pelvic region but in your case it has spread to your colon and this is called an endometrial implant. The hormonal changes of your menstrual cycle affect the misplaced endometrial tissue this means the tissue will grow, thicken, and break down. Over time, the tissue that has broken down has nowhere to go and becomes trapped in your pelvis.

The information was too much for me and I didn't understand all the medical jargon but I couldn't speak. I felt Ethan rubbing my hand, what does this mean Dr, does Keeta have to go for more surgeries will she be ok?

There really is no cure for Endometriosis but we can treat the symptoms as and when they come along, I have removed most of it during surgery but they will come back. I suspected it during our initial consult but I couldn't be absolutely sure without performing the surgery. Nikita your symptoms may disappear or they could get worst each individual has different experiences however you should be fine, I will prescribe a drug that will help with these symptoms and you need to come back for regular check-ups.

Dr Kirsten proceeded to give us the side effects which wasn't too bad until he said Nikita I am very sorry but you will not be able to conceive, right at that moment the only thing that mattered was Ethan "Keeta I can't help but smile when I think of you pregnant with our boy" I was too afraid to look at Ethan.

Dr Kirsten empathised again and excused himself leaving myself and Ethan alone neither saying a word. I glanced sideways and the colour had completely drained from Ethan's face. Ethan I'm so sorr..... Keeta lets go.