Chapter 28

Nikita's POV

It's almost 2pm and were on our way home, the plan was to be home before lunch time to escape Ethan but if I am honest with myself I didn't want to leave. Although I am still pissed off with Ethan this was exactly what I needed.

So Nikita what was the bag for?

Riley didn't bring up the drama of this morning but I knew it was just a matter of time before she would.

Ethan has been distant for the last couple of weeks, I didn't think much of it at first but even if I want to turn a blind eye I can't do it anymore it's just so obvious that something huge is happening in his life that he is not sharing with me and I doubt he's work has anything to do with it.

What do you mean? Do you think he is cheating on you?

I don't know maybe? He comes home late almost every night; we hardly spend time together we hardly even talk to each other anymore. The only thing that makes me doubt that there might be somebody else is the way he holds me close at night even when he think I'm sleeping. He won't do that if he just came from another woman right?

No Nikita that is not the actions of a man that is seeing somebody else but have you spoken to him about it or have you confronted him?

No I haven't Riley, I trust Ethan and I just initially assumed that he would talk to me when he is ready but after this morning I am not too sure.

What happened this morning?

After 4 years this is the first anniversary that I woke up without Ethan, I know he is not the most romantic guy but the little things he did every year made me feel special. I initially thought that he was in the apartment but then I saw a note that he left and I think he forgot what today is and how important it is to me.

Oh Nikita I am so sorry I forgot about today too.

Don't be sorry, I mean how can I be upset at you for, forgetting when my own boyfriend can't even remember?

I try to smile but I can feel the build-up of tears just waiting to roll, I take a deep breath and wipe my unshed tears.

Are you sure you ok? I'm sure there's just a huge misunderstanding, why don't you just talk to Ethan?

Yes I am ok but I think I just need a little space to calm down; I'm going to spend the night at my parents and hopefully tomorrow he won't be too busy to talk to me.

Finally when Riley pulled up at the apartment I said a silent prayer because Ethan wasn't home yet, my car was the only car in the driveway.

Thank you Riley I really needed this morning, I know I wasn't the best of company but I will make it up to you.

Nikita I am just glad I was able to take your mind off home even if it was for a little bit and hey good luck with Ethan I am sure you guys will be able to work this or whatever is going on out.

I hope so I said as I got out of the car and headed for my apartment. Bye Riley