Chapter 42

Nikita's POV

The weekend was really awesome irrespective of how it started off, the proposal and the house; nobody can rain on my parade even if their tried.

Myself and Ethan have been living together for a some time now but this just makes it official especially since I didn't expect it to happen with the baby story.

We've talked about allot of things throughout the day, like for instance when we're going to get married and the details but I really don't want a flashy wedding so we decided to have intimate wedding at our home similar to the party last night. A date hasn't been set yet, we going to move in as soon as we all packed up and then were going to put our personal touch to the place before we start thinking about a date. Ethan wasn't very happy about it as he wants to get married as soon as possible but my mind was made up.

I finally decided to take Ethan's advice, I will be resigning tomorrow effective immediately and take a break for the rest of the year before starting with University early next year. The only thing that stopped me before was the money but Ethan told me not to worry about it, he'll take care of everything. I am really not going to miss the place much but I will miss the relationships I've built and the friends I made over the years.

Ethan had a permanent smile on his face the entire day and all because I agreed to marry him and because I'm accepting his help and quitting my job. It warms my heart to see him this happy, I tried to bring up the baby story and he told me I know what I am doing Keeta I don't want a baby if I can't share the experience with the person I love more than anything else in this entire world. Those words brought tears to my eyes, I really want to experience motherhood but I guess everything happens for a reason and I need to make my peace with it just like Ethan has.

You know Ethan I just realised that Riley's car was gone when we left? When was it collected?

This morning already, Jonathan called me to tell me that somebody will collect the car.

I wonder what happened last night. You and me too Keeta but I wasn't going to ask Jonathan this morning so you better hook up with Riley.

You know guys are just as bad as the females always like a good gossip story.

Hey it's not, Riley is like a sister to me and I don't want to see her get hurt. Last night when I picked up on the sparks between them I told Jonathan in not so many words not to fuck this up and I trust that he won't do that.

Admit it to yourself baby you want the details just as badly as I want it I say as I laugh out loud which earned me glare from Ethan.

Let me send Riley a text and ask her if she would like to meet me tomorrow after school.

Hey Riley, we have so much to catch up on. If you are free after school would you like to hook up with me?

Hey, she's still alive lol, sure I would like that but what about work?

I will be unemployed tomorrow, meet me tomorrow at Mugg & Bean and I will give you all the details. FYI I cannot wait to hear the details of last night!

I cannot wait to share, see you tomorrow

Right that's settled I'm meeting her tomorrow afternoon.

Laughing Ethan said that was quick. Don't mess with female power.

Keeta how do you feel about tomorrow? About quitting? Yes

A little apprehensive honestly, I am not going to miss the place but I will miss my friends and colleagues and I have never depended on anybody to pay my way before but before you say anything I am still going ahead with my plans.

Thank you.

I look at Ethan and I am confused, why are you thanking me?

For completely putting your trust in my hands.

How do you mean I have always trusted you? Yes you have Keeta but money was always an obstacle in our relationship and it doesn't have to be. When you asked me last night if you could quit your job I felt like you said yes to my proposal all over again that's how happy it made me.

I work hard for the both us Keeta, I was serious when I said whatever belongs to me belongs to you and I will make that official as well.

All I could do was smile at Ethan all of this seems too good to be true.