Stars (part three)

Burr ushers Celestine in quickly.

"Would you like anything to drink?" He asks.

"Water would be fine, thanks." Celestine smiles, sitting in a chair at the table.

Snow falls delicately outside as Aaron gets her a glass of water. When he gives it to her, he laughs.

"What?" Celestine is caught off guard by Aaron's laughing and her cheeks begin to redden. "Is there something wrong??"

"No, no." Aaron sits down across from her. "Just...laughing at the fact that your name is so fitting."

Celestine furrows her brow, confused. "How so?"

Aaron grins. "Celestine, your eyes are like stars."

Celestine blushes and tries to hide her pink-dusted cheeks by sipping her water. "You flatter me." She says dryly.

Aaron smirks. "It's true."

Celestine allows herself a smile.

"How did I get from there to here?" Celestine wonders aloud.

She is sitting on the bed she shares with her husband, Aaron Burr, obviously lost in nostalgia.

How did we get from there to here?

"Pardon?" Aaron Burr asks her.

"Oh....nothing." Celestine dismisses her thoughts and begins to dress.

Aaron pulls her into a kiss, the passion they had shared years ago never dimming. He places his hand at the slender small of her back and she places her arms around his neck, their lips touching, melting, against one another's.

A sharp cry interrupts their kiss. Aaron pulls away. "It's Theodosia." He says, referring to their infant daughter.

Celestine feels her heart swell with love for both her husband and her child. "Okay." She unhooks her arms from his neck as he pecks her on the cheek and goes to check on Theodosia.

He returns with Theodosia in his arms, cradling her.

Their daughter takes after Aaron with her thin black hair and blue eyes.

"Hello, mon cherie..." Celestine murmurs. Aaron smiles.

The small family is about to be turned upside down.