Goodbye Love: Hamilton Edition

Dedicated to my Angel: arielhamiltonn
This is basically this first minute of the song "Goodbye Love" from Rent with Hamilton characters. For those who don't know, Goodbye Love takes place after an important character dies. In this oneshot, the deceased character is Laurens, and the group is at his funeral. They're gripped by sadness and terror of the future and cannot stop fighting and arguing.

Guide:
Maria: Maureen
Alexander: Collins
Peggy: Joanne
Angelica: Mimi
Laurens: Angel [deceased]
Hercules: Roger
Mark: Lafayette

Enjoy, my lovely Broadway nerds!
--------

"It's true you sold your guitar and bought...a car?" Angelica asks her ex-boyfriend, Hercules.

"It's true." Hercules says sadly, unwilling to meet Angelica's eyes. "I'm leaving now for Santa Fe."

"Not now?" Angelica asks, her voice on the verge of pleading.

"I thought you weren't talking with him." Lafayette frowns.

"Shut up, Laf." Hercules growls.

"Who said you have any say in who she talks to, anyway?!" Maria asks.

"Who said that you should stick your nose in other people's–"

"Who said I was talking to you, Margarita?!" Maria spits her full name at her girlfriend.

All of a sudden, Peggy's fist hits the wall in a burst of anger. "I can't take it anymore! We used to have this fight every night! She would never admit I existed!"

"Everyone, please!"

"He was the same way." Angelica snaps, whirling around to face Hercules. "It was always 'run away, hit the road, don't come back.' You're full of shit!!" She screams in Hercules's face.

"She's in denial." Peggy gestures to Maria as she scowls at the ground.

"He's in denial!" Angelica agrees.

"Guys, come on–" Lafayette tries valiantly to calm the group down, but no one is listening but Alexander, who's still sitting by Laurens's grave.

"Didn't give an inch when I gave a mile!" Peggy cries as Angelica repeats it, jabbing her finger in Hercules's face.

"Gave a mile to who, Angelica?!" Hercules growls, looking at Alexander, who's still mourning.

Not many people know about Angelica's and Alexander's complex relationship, but those who did frowned upon it.

Finally, after fuming for a while, Maria bursts in with her opinion. "I'd be happy to die for a taste of what Laurens had!"

Angelica nods. "Someone to love honestly!" She clenches her fists. "Unafraid to say 'I love you!!'"

"Guys, please–" Lafayette pleads, but to no avail.

"Oh, your words are fucking sweet, Angelica, but love sure as hell ain't a three way street! You'll never share love until you love yourself! I should know!" Hercules shouts.

"Guys, chill!" Lafayette and Alexander cry desperately, and Alexander puts a hand on Hercules's shoulder.

"You guys said that you would quit your fighting today. You promised. Please, for my sake?" Alexander asks brokenly. "Laurens helped us believe in love."

Everyone's eyes are directed to the tombstone on the grass.

"I can't believe he's gone." Alexander says. "I can't believe you're going." He looks at Hercules.

"I can't believe this is goodbye."