(f) RapMonster - Rain

Req: Namjoon/ Rapmonster fluff where he goes out on a date when it starts raining and they stay under an umbrella enjoying the lake. IK IT'S WEIRD HAHA BUT I LIKE IT.

....

You paced back and forth, looking all around you, waiting for your boyfriend to arrive.

You and Namjoon were friends for a long time, and you knew him very well. Obviously he was gonna be late.

This was the first date after you guys recently started dating each other. He suggested that it should totally be at the lake and here you were, waiting for him. You grew impatient and finally decided to give him a call.

" Where the hell are you? " you yelled into your phone, the second he answered the call.

" One second.. " he trailed off. You sighed as you rubbed your forehead in annoyance.

You waited for him to say something from the other end, but there was only the sound of shuffling and nothing else. The only conclusion you could draw from it was that he was running for his life to see you, because if he delayed it any longer he knew he'd be dead in your hands.

" Namjoon it's drizzling now -" you paused as droplets of water landed on the tip of your nose and on top of your head.

" This date is so ruined! " you concluded, the phone still pressed to your ear.

The drizzle slowly transformed into light rain, and before it turned heavier there was an umbrella on top of your head, shielding you away from the drops of water falling down from the sky.

You gasped at the sudden closeness and turned around to find your boyfriend grinning at you with an umbrella in his hand.

" You're late. " you stated blankly.

" You should appreciate my effort of bringing you an umbrella y'know. " he pouted a little, shrugging his shoulders.

You looked up at him with a smile on your face. It was remarkable how he could change your mood from being pissed off to being completely in love.

" I like rain. So I'd be okay even if you didn't bring me this " you responded, a small smirk playing on your lips.

" Really? " he leaned in, until his nose was touching yours. " I just don't want my girlfriend to catch a cold " he smiled, making you blush.

" I hate that smart mouth of yours, Namjoonie" you giggled. He drew his body closer and closer to yours and it was making your stomach churn and heart beat unusually faster.

" What're you gonna do about it? " he smirked. His confidence was killing you, really.

" This.. " you said before standing on your toes to press your lips to his. He quickly responded in no time. His lips moved along yours, gently yet sensually.

You pulled away and looked at him only to find pure love and affection in his eyes. The way he saw you, the way he held your cold hands in his warm ones and the way his lips pressed against yours was enough to show you how much you actually meant to him.

Namjoon swung his arm over your shoulder, " Let's sit there " , he said pointing at a seat close by.

You nodded and walked over to it, along with him before slumping down on the partially wet seat made of rock.

You both sat next to each other, your head resting on his shoulder and his one arm draped around your waist bringing you closer to him while the other held the umbrella above.

Silence lasted as you watched the rain drops disappear into the lake, generating ripples on the surface as they sunk in.

" Is this boring you? " he asked out of the blue. " We could have done something else, something more fun " he said, slightly disappointed with himself.

" I like rain. I love you. I couldn't imagine anything better " you said as you wrapped your arms around his torso, hugging him sideways.

He pressed a silent kiss on top of your head while smiling to himself. You sat there, putting almost all of your weight on him enjoying the moment.

" I like the smell of rain.. " you said, taking a deep breath and sighing in pleasure while you exhaled.

" Petrichor " he responded, his voice stern and steady.

" What? " you asked, tilting your head up to look at him.

Namjoon smiled down at you before speaking again. " Petrichor. It's the smell of rain - " he said bringing his index finger up to point at the rain.

You looked at him in awe. His brain never ceased to amaze you. " Mmm hmm " you nodded and kissed his jaw.

He smiled and looked away from you.

" Is my Namjoonie blushing? " you asked grinning up at him.

" I'm a guy (Y/N), and guys don't blush " he said trying his best not to smile too wide.

---

[A/N]

I enjoyed writing this! I hope this is what you were looking for noonie. ♡