Chapter 24

"By the way, Eren..." Sasha whispered loudly, trying to be appear secretive and failing. "What is your relationship with Mr. Levi?"

"Yeah!" Connie added eagerly, his face full of curiosity. "The Doc's been talking about it, all right, but we all want to know the truth!"

"And everyone and their mother saw you guys almost kiss at the festival-"

"SHUT UP! WE WILL NOT TALK ABOUT THAT TIME!"

"..."

Blushing, Eren looked furtively back and forth before writing in his notebook.

Levi and I are... together. I think.

Everyone nearly fell down in excitement.

"WHAT!?"

"No kidding!"

"Woot! Way to go kid!" Connie cheered, clapping Eren on the shoulder. "I was pretty sure that he had to be, like, asexual or something!"

"So he LOVES you!?"

...I think so?

"HUH!?"

"How far have the two of you gone?" Bertholdt whispered excitedly, his eyebrows nearly disappearing in his hair.

Eren blinked in confusion.

What... I don't understand...

"Did you... like... you know, sleep together!?"

"..."

"...he's not saying anything."

"He's red as a beet."

"They must have!"

Eren froze and hastily shook his head wildly.

"Hahahahahahaha, are you sure about that, Eren!?"

I am sure! Please stop laughing!

Reiner put a comforting arm on Eren's shoulder. "Don't mind them, Eren, they're just kids being stupid.""

"...Reiner, you're not that much older than us.." Connie pointed out quietly.

"But hey, doesn't it feel weird?" Jean asked despite himself. "I mean... the guy's shorter than you, so isn't it a little..."

Eren blinked.

Why is it weird?

Flip. Isn't it normal for the smaller one to top?

"EH-EHHHHHHHHHHHH?" The teenagers promptly exploded around him.

"SO YOU GUYS HAVE DONE IT?!"

"THAT SHORTY ACTUALLY-"

WHAT? NO! WE DID NOT!

An arm suddenly draped itself over Eren's shoulders again. "You annoying brats are making too much of a racket." Levi remarked irritably, tugging Eren closer to him. "Come on, kid, let's go."

Eren's hand trembled in embarrassment as he wrote his next lines.

Okay, Levi!

Flip. Thank you everyone for today! I'll see you guys later!

"Ah, all right, bye Eren!"

"See you later!"

"Let's hang out again!"

"Remember to use protection!"

Eren waved back at them happily before allowing Levi to drag him out of the store.

"Hn. You looked like you enjoyed yourself."

Yes, I did!

"That's good."

But I like Levi the best!

"...you better." Levi mumbled, jerking Eren down to kiss his forehead.