Chapter One

"So I put my hands up! They're playing my song and the butterflies fly away!" I sung with my heart while handing the "microphone" to Alyson.

    "I'm noddin' my head like yeah!"

    "Movin' my hips like yeah!" we sung together while acting out the motions ourselves.

    That girl who I act so comfortable with is my one and only best friend Alyson, Ally for short. We been close since the 9th grade where she broke me from my comfort zone. Now look at us, 11th graders and is still kicking it. Ever since 9th grade, we have been going to each others house to watch movies together, have sleepovers, making awesome creations in the kitchen, and, like we are currently doing, having AWESOMESAUCE karaoke and dance nights. I feel like a very lucky girl to have a friend like Ally.

    "So what now, Liz." she asked while jumping off my bed.

    "You want to grab something to ea-"

     *phone buzzed*

    "Oh great." I said while looking at the text message I just received.

    "What is it?"

    "You-know-who just texted me. They want to meet up for lunch to talk. You know how this is going to end up." I said looking over the text message over and over.

    "Well, I guess I am going to go. You really need to go and see what they want. They wasn't supposed to come back until the end of the month. It really might be important. If things turns out bad, I am just a text away. And if things get even worse, they can meet my AMAZING, super ninja skills." she said while doing some weird motion with her hands. This is why she is my best friend.

    "What awesome ninja moves you have there," I said while laughing. "But can your ninja moves beat THESE ninja moves!" After saying this, we spent the next ten minutes having an intense ninja fight showing each other our awesome ninja skills.

**********************************************************************************************************

    As the text says, I was supposed to meet them at one of my favorite places to eat, Cheddars! And like always, they are late. After all, my dad and stepmom is the perfect two.

    When I was in the eighth grade, my mom got into a car crashed and then died. Me and my mom were always close and we used to spend nights talking about life and just watching episodes of Catfish, Say Yes to the Dress, Cake Boss, and When Ghosts Attack together. She was my best friend and the only one I had because I haven't met Aly quite yet. The day I found out that I wouldn't see her again, I didn't know what I would do. I spent the remainder of eighth grade in a bad depressed state.

    There I started to do things no one, I mean NO ONE should ever do. My depression had got to an extreme level. I started to cut and one day I took an overdose because I was sick of all the sadness. I was sick of living and the feeling of being alone. I lost my mother, my best friend, the person who always made me smile. The overdose nearly killed me. My father thought that sending me away to a mental hospital would help me. (ya right). When I got back from the hospital, I had to start the years that most teenagers fear but without my mother.

    High school started out to be horrible. My brother practically was always busy doing senior things causing me to rarely even see him. I was all alone until I met a girl name Alyson Wilson. She was in my English 1 class when a group of boys were making fun of me when she interfered. No one has ever  stood up for me, besides my mom. Ever since me and Alyson grew closer and closer.

    Alyson was the typical hottie . She was slim around the waist and her hips just did not lie. She has gorgeous, wavy, long, dirty blonde hair. She had the PERFECT tan skin tone that was just WOW! So I used to wonder why someone like that would want to be best friends with me but I am happy she was.

   In tenth grade one day my dad came home with "exciting" news. The girl my dad has been seeing half way into my ninth grade year was now his soon to be wife and I didn't know what to do! I took the news pretty rough and thank goodness Ally was there because I don't know what I would have done.

   And now here I am waiting for them now to actually show up and not just blow me off like always. My dad is always with her. Kate, my stepmom, is always dragging my dad somewhere in this world. I don't know why my dad would want someone like her. She is just some gold digger who is just with my dad because he got the money to bring her places. Why else would a 28 year old be with a 49 year old?

    "Would you like to order anything miss?" the waiter asked knocking me out of my thoughts.

    "No thank you. I think I'm going to wait a little longer but may I get a raspberry tea?" I asked politely.

    "Sure! I am going bring that back to you right away." the waiter said then headed back to the kitchen. This is going to be one AWESOME dinner....

*********************************************************************************************

    I felt as if someone was just nudging my shoulder as I was sleeping. Now who would wake a girl from her beauty sleep? Well this girl right here don't let people take away her sleep or interfere with it.

    "Go away." I mumbled trying to shoo them away.

    "Hey, wake up." said one of the VERY rude people thinking that telling me wake up is going to work. Ha this girl ain't gone budge.

    "Come on Bug Eyes, wake up." said a different voice. This voice, however, is different. It sounds too familiar. Only one person in the whole wide world calls me Bug Eyes. I opened my eyes quickly and then jumped.  There in front me was my dad and stepmom smiling down at me. This was a first, they actually didn't blow me off this time.

    "Why hello there Father and I see that you are here, Kate."