Glass Hearts.

Prologue

Two years.

It's been two years since I lost him.

Lost the only light in my darkness, lost my only pain reliever, lost my strength, my happiness, and my heart.

I lost Louis.

I lost him because I was afraid. I was afraid to love the man who wasn't afraid and was more then ready to love me.

To say that I had broken his heart was an understatement.

I had broken him and as well as myself.

I didn't know what brought me to it.

Maybe it was my fear of losing him again,or that maybe because of the undeniable guilt I would of felt for sabotaging his relationship with Eleanor.

Eleanor.

Perfect Eleanor.

From her gorgeous hair, to her well done pedicure, she was flawless and stunning. Everything about her.

I knew I paled in comparison to her. I was everything less of beautiful. I was ordinary, and barely.

She was sweet, poliet, and in love with Louis.

And I had hurt her. I had caused her pain.

Pain she didn't deserve. Pain that was inflicted on her because of my selfishness. I wanted Louis, and despite him being a taken man, and despite me being with Niall, I kissed him. I kissed him.

But I couldn't deny the pure and utter bliss. I couldn't deny that I wanted more. So much more. I never wanted the kiss to end, I was brought great disspointment when it did.

But it was quickly replaced with guilt, when my eyes found Eleanor and Niall, who had observed the whole scene. Eleanor's rosy cheek, were lined with tears, making my heart ache, as she turn and ran.

Then when Louis ran after her... The guilt added on. But it was paired with disspare and pain. My heart broke as he ran for another girl. The better one.

I was left feeling utterly pathetic and hertbroken.

Of course he would run after her. Why would he want me? He didn't love me. He loved Eleanor.

Correction, loves.

They're together.

He won her back, and now they were happy without me in their lives. And it was something I understood.

And as for Niall and I? Of course he left me. But he wasn't angry. He understood I still loved Louis.

It pained me, yes.

But I learned something.

I'm not pathetic. I'm not a horrible person. Yes, I've made mistakes and yes I've made them more then once, but wasn't that part of being Human?

I have strength, even when I thought I didn't.

I have courage, when I thought I was cowardly.

And I have pride and ambition.

And that is what I'm going to prove.

So even when it pained me greatly, I let go of Louis, knowing our relationship would be nothing but toxic, so here we are strangers.

Its still brings a pang to my heart, but I know it's what's best. And it is.

Because now, I was happy, courageous and confident. I was Hollister's top model, getting highly paid, and praised. I've gained friends and was living life happily. My past still haunts me some nights, but I woke up to a brighter, happier day.

I was even in a serious relationship with a man who knew of my past and still loves and understands me. And for that I was greatful. I wasn't in love with Josh, yet. That I knew. But I, however, was getting there. I knew I would someday love him just as much as he loves me. I was inching towards that everyday.

I was slowly forgetting Louis. But I knew I never fully would. His name was scarred into my heart, but another will write over it.

And as of now, I was happy. And I was free.

I was forgetting Louis Tomlinson.

(For Emily,

Who is the original author of the Tumble trilogy, and who's inspired so much of my writing. This is for you, ans takes part after the second book.

Hopefully, it would live up to your expectations and for those who have read and loved your trilogy as much as I have. It took a while, but here it is.

So without further ado, ladies and gents,

"Glass Hearts."