5

"Heheh... Okay..." He started out awkwardly, clearing his throat.
"I reviewed the case and a few forgotten cameras hidden in your apartment." He waved his hand at a two-way mirror to my left and Rydendale walked in with a large, flatscreen tv on a wheeling cart.

"Thank you." She nodded and walked out.

I watched as he grabbed a small remote and turned the tv on.

It showed myself, running into the bathroom and locking the door, showing the outside hall.

Ryan soon followed, and started banging on the door. I watched from another point of view when I can clearly remember what was going on at the other side of that door. I was panicking and grabbing my phone.

Ryan ran off and had a sort of cloth in his hand, along with the knife that was found in his stomach.

He angrily looked up at the camera and threw the cloth at it, covering the cameras view.

"So, as you can obviously see, this specific tape, in particular does not have all evidence to prove you innocent, but" I scoffed and leaned back in my chair, cutting him off. I didn't do it. I know I didn't do it. But they don't know I didn't do it. As long as I'm away from him...

"but, as I was saying, there was another camera at your front door that not only recorded visuals, but audio too. It unfortunately could not quite capture your apartment's hallway or bathroom though."

He started playing a different tape that played sound.

"Come out here, you little bitch!" I could hear Ryan yelling and banging on the door, but couldn't see him because it was showing the front door of our apartment, or my prison cell.

I could hear him scavenging the drawers for that knife from the tape and have him grunt a few times. Like he was trying to stab his stomach, but couldn't bring himself to do it.

It went on for a good three minutes before hearing a loud groan and an even louder thud.

You could hear my muffled scream, talking to the operator.

"So, from this, I can prove that he showed some form of struggle, but from an unidentifiable being. May it be you, or himself." He placed the remote to the tv down once he finished talking.

"Mr. Fischbach,"

"Please, call me Mark."

"Uh..."

"Well we are even on cutting each other off, now aren't we." He crossed his arms in victory and sat back in his chair with a huge grin on his face. It makes me so uncomfortable how loose he is about this.

"Well, Mark, with all due respect, you can't possibly expect me to have done this. I-I mean... He covered the camera on purpose so you can't see what he would do! The police found me, scared for my life in the bathroom and he put himself in that position! I just..."

"Miss (L/n), please. I understand how dire the situation is, but please do not put yourself in stress. Look at these photos taken of the victim's stomach." He cut me off yet again, but maybe for the best. I didn't breath once during my rant and I felt winded.

"He isn't the only 'victim' here..." I mumbled to myself once gaining the air to speak again, hoping Mark wasn't listening.

"What was that?" He asked while raising an eyebrow at me.

"Hm? Oh, nothing." I lied.

He grabbed five pictures from his briefcase. All of the same thing at different angles. Ryan's stomach.

One from the front.
One from the bottom.
One from the top.
One from the left.
And one from the right.

He neatly laid all of them in front of me and pointed to a few.

"These angles show how the knife was inserted into his stomach. If it were to be someone other than himself to do it, the knife would be coming in from the bottom, going up. Here, as you can see, the knife is clearly coming from the top, going down. So even though we may not have visual recorded proof of this incident, these photographs can conclude any and all suspicion, I would believe." He explained while pointing to the front and bottom pictures.

"So, what does this all mean?" I asked. He spoke sort of quickly, I didn't complete understand.

"What I'm saying is, these wounds from the knife are self-inflicted."