Chapter 1

Adaline's Pov:

Dear diary,

Today has been awful like every other day. Mom is as relentless as ever. She won't get off my back about being the perfect young women and student. Dad, well what could I say about him. He's still yet to even try to talk to me since the divorce, which, has its down falls.

I miss him a lot. I miss what my life was. I was so happy, so open as a person, and now I couldn't even vividly picture that girl. That girl who had all the friends to spare but look at me now. I practically speaks to no one.

I don't think I'll ever see her again within my reflection. I feel as if my life is already set on its perfect path in life. Or what is left of it. Well that's all for today it's pretty late and I have my first day of school tomorrow. Yay me...senior year what joy....

Bye write with you again soon.

Shutting my worn leather diary closed I tuck it safely in my draw by my bed. Getting out from under my teal covers I walk over to my dresser making sure for the third time today that my outfit was completely ready for tomorrow. Knowing that I wouldn't ever hear the end of it if my mom seen that I or my outfit was a mess. Because no daughter of hers could look anything less than perfect. Which is ironic considering that I'm everything but perfect.

Giving the bland and dreadful outfit one last glance I shuffle back to bed tucking myself in. Because there's no one else to do it for me.

That's life, you're always going to have to work hard for the happiness that you want or for anything in that sense. At least that's what my mother taught me about this horrid world. Even though I haven't had much experience with it myself, from the way my life has previously been going, I agree with her.

I try coming up with 100 different ways tomorrow could go better from my last 3 years. Unfortunately for me I come up short knowing its too much of a stretch. Though, I must say I've become contempt with being a nobody. One who literally has no entitlement to any opinion in the school.

Trying not to let my emotions drown me in a river of sorrow I turn off my light forcing myself asleep. 12 sheep later and I'm out like a light.

..................................................................

I'm woken up to one of the most annoying alarms I've ever heard. Irritation is quick to seep into my blood stream due to it or maybe because I know what follows. I hit snooze and carry on with my now light slumber only to have it intruded upon five minutes later by a knock to my door.

"Honey, are you awake? You should be getting ready for school. I don't need you becoming a high school dropout because your tired from talking to that horrid friend of yours all night. " My mother's shrill voice flows through my thinly wooded door.

I roll my eyes at her absurdity but proceed to sit up reaching to turn my lamp light on. A few silent yawns escape me before I even utter a reply.

"Yes mother I'm awake. And could you please stop with the insistent knocking you're going to send me to school with a headache." I rub my temple as my mom stops her assault to my highly abused door.
I listen closely to hear light footsteps walk away from my door giving me the clear that she's decided to torment something else.  

Hopping out of bed I head straight for my ensuite bathroom for my morning shower. Which, I usually used to wake me up fully for the day ahead of being completely and utterly invisible to any social life in school. After a 20 minute steaming hot shower I stand in front of my wide mirror deciding what I should do to my damp and wildly knotted hair.

Grabbing my blue Brush I test my luck on how my hair would react to it. I managed to blow dry it enough to point where I could straighten it. Pulling it into a high tight ponytail I let my golden brown hair swing just past my shoulders. I carry on with the rest of my daily routine like brushing my teeth and such to make sure my breath was minty for the rest of the dreadful day.

Walking back into my room I go to my dresser where my outfit laid waiting to adorn my body. After putting my black underwear and bra on, I put on the plain white shirt that I had laid out before and tucked it into a loose tan skirt.

 After putting my black underwear and bra on, I put on the plain white shirt that I had laid out before and tucked it into a loose tan skirt

I finish with matching tan colored flats. Grabbing my phone that I left on my charger I notice that I the missed call and text message.

Tay🤓😘:
Hey, addy be there at 7:20. You better be ready or I swear I'll drag you out by your hair. Luv ya💋.

Looking toward my clock I realized it was 7:15 only leaving me five minutes until Taylor my one (and only) best friend would be here to pick me up. Running  into my bathroom I do another once over of my body to make sure everything on me looked perfect. Lord knows I couldn't handle my mother's voice this early in the morning.

I walked back into my room grabbing my book bag before heading out. Walking down stairs to the kitchen I pass my mom's office where I hear her yelling at probably my dad if not someone who worked for her. I quickly and quietly make my way inside the kitchen grabbing an apple before exiting the house at the exact moment Taylor drove into our driveway.

I can only hope my day goes better than normal.