chapter 2

Adaline Pov:

"Oh come on Addy." Taylors' voice hits my ears as soon as I open the car door to her red 2000 dodge viper.

Wincing I slip in buckling my seat belt already knowing what those judgmental words meant. It was a reoccurring thing if I'm honest. Taylor was always bitching about my style of clothing knowing that I didn't really have a choice in the matter. Though, even if I did I still wouldn't change. I was happily comfortable in what I wore. I was comfortable not being noticed not that clothing would even change that. But nonetheless, I rolled my eyes slipping in a hum to let her know I heard her so she could continue while I look out the side mirror.

"I mean really Adaline? You do know it's the first day of senior year? You could've at least tried to put in a little more effort." Taylor rants glancing at my outfit in distaste as she mentions the seemingly lack of effort I put into it.

Raising my eyebrow I looked toward the beautiful yet filterless blonde "Oh could I have now?"

"I- well yeah. You could at least try right? I mean hell addy you could've tried sneaking clothes in your bag."

Laughing at the crazy thought of lying to my mom I forget my building bubble offense " Wow tay you've really gone off the deep end huh? Okay, fine say that I choose to take your advice and start dressing like- well like you? I'd put on cute beige shorts close to what you wear now and a- dear I say it- low cut V-neck shirt. okay got the image?"

Taylor nods excitably wanting me to continue on in her perfect world "I get the balls to face my mom and exit my room on a mission. We meet face to face in front of the door, she examines my outfit in horror. Then beings to call me a sort of tyrant or devil and demands me to change at once. Oh but I stand my ground- I plead my case- oh mother but I need to dress this way on the pursuit of social hierarchy happiness. I just need to scale the golden ladder leading to popularity using tight shorts that barely cover my butt, oh please mother, I beg you."

Taylor glares at me as I pretend to beg causing her to huff in annoyance " Fine smartass, you win again. But don't say I didn't try and help when your eating lunch alone, wishing you had listened to me."

I roll my eyes again as I pick my bag off the floor of the car ready to leave as we pull up to our overly priced nonfunded school. Huston High.... the bane of my existence.

"Whatever let's go. It's not like I cared much about where or who I've eaten with before.' I utter stepping out the car and making my way up to the large glass double doors not waiting for her.

It doesn't take long for Taylor to catch up to me and pull me into a side hug. The one she gives me every time she knows she's pushed me too far. I stand tense for a minute before sighing hugging back knowing I could never be mad at her for long. But even if I was severely pissed I don't think I'd have the strength to let her go being my only friend and all. She laid her head on my shoulder for another minute the head shorter height difference between us helping her lay on me fully, before squeezing me once and letting go.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm being a major bitch again. But that's why we work. You're the sane of the two of us. Please don't be mad at me."

Taylors face peered into mine as she begged with her big seemingly crystal deep blue eyes that watered slightly pulling off her act with precision. Me, of course, began breaking in seconds at her reoccurring act.

"Your right, I don't know how you could possibly live without me..... I forgive you. But you already knew I would. It's just lately you've been more so..-" I drift off shrugging off my feelings starting to walk again. Taylor immediately falling in step with me.

"A bitch? Yeah I know. I blame it on the fact that I'm not currently jumping Harry's bones right now in the janitors closet like he's done to half of the other cheerleaders." Taylor sighed lazily looking at the school in disappointment.

"Ew.. what? No Taylor you're better than that. Harry is a major sleazebag who can't keep his privates, as they should be, private . And you can do way better than a janitor's closet. Do you even know how unsanitary that is? At least pick one of his other friends who's somewhat 'decently' better." I state cringing at the mere thought of the nuisance that is harry styles.

"Oh come-on addy, ease up a little. You don't even know him."

Rolling my eyes "Yeah, well I know enough to steer clear. You should too." I say beginning to walk away as we enter the school and the picture perfect cheerleaders beckon Taylor over.

"Oh hush addy, how'd you know you're always so uptight and closed off. live a little." she winks as she walks away making those her parting words until we meet again at the end of school.

Sighing I turn around and face the hall full of brainless teens who joke and shove each other in fun not noticing the others they make fall or push. I begin my trek pushing through them and getting called the ever usual 'bitch', 'skank', oh and the typical 'nerd'. Huffing and brooding I continue my journey, my head down avoiding conflict until the hall is mostly clear.

Letting out a sigh I feel myself relax knowing that I didn't have to face anyone else. I knew that everyone would be off in the cafeteria having breakfast allowing me to take my time strolling humming to myself the song I listened to on repeat in Taylor's car.

"You've got a hold of me,
Don't even know your power.
I stand a hundred feet
But I fall when I'm around you" I hum quietly looking toward my dark blue locker.

Dialing the lock I open the door continuing in my own world singing "Show me an open door
Then you go and slam it on me.
I can't take any more
I'm saying, baby-"

"Nice voice."

In that moment all sense leaves me as a deep, bone rattling, masculine voice compliments me. Dropping the books in my hands in shock they fall to the ground and onto my barely covered feet, as I also somehow seem to slam my locker close as loud as humanly possible. Cursing and hissing quietly I bend down to the best of my abilities in my skirt to pick them up.

"Great just flipping great, holy cow that hurt" I rub my now throbbing feet.

Clutching my last folder in my shaky hand I stand to get ready to walk away having already forgotten about the figure next to me. I make the mistake of looking at the stranger who ruined my peaceful mood. My body locks and my breaths stop as I stare into pale green eyes.

They were enchanting almost. They quickly captured my full undivided attention as they scanned my face studying my every feature while I search for the meaningful depth in theirs. We stared at each other longer than normal seeming to want to figure each other out without saying words. I quickly became uncomfortable in the once welcoming silence. I try to will my body to move away but it wouldn't move seemingly too transfixed on the person in front of me.

That is until their eyes stray from my face and I allow mine to wonder about too. I look up to his soft windblown brown curly hair. I wanted to so badly run my hands through the treadles just to feel its softness. Having to forcefully keep my hand from reaching out on it's on accord was a struggle. Leaving his hair I trial back down his face, taking in his full rosy lips and how they glistened from when he just recently wet his lips. That's when I notice the lip ring he wore on his bottom lip, that he now pulled between his teeth at the attention. A disturbance rings throughout my body at the metal, tripping off loud alarm in my head. Noticing the metal finally allowed me the strength to come out of the trance I was in, and I finally notice who he was.

I was having a stare down with the infamous Harry styles.