Chapter 23

Harold's POV

Having my right hand on Adams waist and my left hand on Chloes wasn't embarrising at all. No. It was extremely embarrising and it made me scared that I would drop one of them since the only thing that held us up in the air was Thorunns fighting rod. Nothing else, just her rod. It did make sense that it could fly, her fathers hammer did too so why wouldn't her weapon do that!
Anyways, where was I? Right, embarrissment. To stay calm I kept on looking up ti the sky. Or if it was a roof maybe? I get interrupted in my thoughts when I hear a call for help coming not so far away from us. Not really a call, more like a scream. I turn my head to my right only to see yet another prisoncell with a glass door and someone inside. A women to be specific. I look at the others who are either looking up or closing their eyes hard. Then I look back at the women in the cell again and I let go of Adam and Chloe.

I am falling down slow enough for the others to see me fall and then look over at where I am planning on landing. I meet Ryans eyes and he gets me. I quickly turn on my suit and head towards the cell. Unfortunately I have been inresponsable when using it and forgot to change the batteries. Lucky for me, it had enough power to make me hang over the edge of the platform where the prisoncell was.
I swing myself up on the platform and feel a breeze of horrible thoughts hit me for a second and I fall to my knees. I put my hands to the sides of my head to get my focus back. When I finally look up towards the sky, roof whatever, I get a sign from Thorunn that says she is going to bring herself and the others back down here where I am. Where I am exactly, I don't know. What was I doing here again? Right. Save the woman in the cell or at least try to. I start to walk over to the cell where the woman is standing with her hands pressed against the glass door. She is standing in the shadows, so it's hard to see her face. There is something about her that makes me feel scared, but I somehow get the feeling that I know who she is. The woman steps out of the shadows and now I can see her face clearly. It is dark and ruined at the same time. Her hair is like a brown furrcoat. Long and straight. She is staring at me with her dark brown, almost black eyes, but they soon turn red. I take a few steps back and stumble. I glance at her once again and my eyes widen when I realise who she is.

A few moments later, the others come down to me and Eric swiftly helps me up on my feet again. I look at him and say a quiet thank you. My eyes are still staring at the woman and so are the others. We are just staring at her, knowing who she is and what she is capable of. Ryan is the first on to take a step forward closer to the woman. In the corner of my eye, I can see his suspicious and curious face expression. When he stands close enough, he and the woman only have the glass door between them, her face lights up in both surprise and relief and she finally speaks up.
"Ryan?" She asks quietly and chocked. "Ryan..." she continues, her words stumbling. "It really is you!" Her face lightens up even more.
"How do you know me? Who are you?" Ryan asks surprised.
"It's been years, but it felt like it was only yesterday that I held you in my arms" She is smiling in relief by now. "You are my son. I am your mother."
~~~
~~~
~~~
~~~
~~~
~~~
~~~
Word count: 678 words.

So this chapter ended in a little bit of a cliffhanger.
Honestly, I am trying to take down the action a little bit, cuz' I feel like this story is coming to an end soon. Not in the next chapter tho!

Question: Who is your favorite Avengers kid?

Don't forget to vote, comment, share with friends and follow me for more stories.