Chapter 3- It Begins

Gumball and Darwin got to school before the bell rang, and Gumball skidded across the floor, burning his knees. "Ah, dammit" He cursed, hissing and his ears fell flat on his head. Darwin sighed and helped him up, the orange hood falling off his dark hair.
"Your an idiot, Gumball." Darwin said as he pulled him up.
"I know, I know, but that's why I have you around, right?" He sniggered and showed a toothy grin that made Darwins insides warm up.
'Dammit. He only smiled at me! Why am I feeling flushed?' He thought and lifted his hood and covered his face.

Gumball stared at Darwin a little before asking "Bro, what's up? You sick?"  He asked and bring up a hand to his forehead, taking his temperature.
The bell rang as Darwin was broken out of his trance and he looked at his school planner.
"Dammit, I got math. What about you, Gumball?" He asked, shoving it back into his bag.

"Social studies with Miss simian," he groaned and slouched. "I hate her soo much." His ears fell flat angrily.
"It'll be fine, I believe in you Gumball." Darwin said with a smile and walked backwards to his class, smiling and waving at him with a big grin over his face.

"Humans and their emotions," Galaxy said and sighed. "Oh, cheer up sister. Things will be alright sooner than you think. Gumball will return and our home plains will be saved." Willow said and sneaked into the crowd in his new form. Blue hair, pale skin, mismatched colours and a pair of headphones on his neck. Galaxy didn't want to admit it, but he looked really cool.
Galaxy herself was decked in space clothes. A star t shirt that said 'I want to believe', rainbow shorts and a leather jacket. She had dark red hair that matched her ears.

She sighed and followed Darwin to spy on him in his math class.
"Now class, we have a new student with us, please be kind to her and you might meet her brother Willow!" Mr Small smiled at Galaxy who smiled back and sat next to Darwin on purpose.
"Now, today we will be learning about the stars and how they connect with life." Mr small started.
"But this is math class," Darwin held his hand up and said while the class shushed him as if they wanted to do anything else but do math.
"I know, but I felt this was important for you to learn. I smoked something strange and I thought I should tell you." He laughed. Darwin felt uncomfortable with that information.
"Okay..." He muttered and slid in his seat and wondered if Gumball was having a better time with Miss simian.
"Stars...have a connection with life. Each star belongs to one person, you all have a star that belongs to you and you only, unless you find a partner that you share a strong bond with. This bond doesn't have to be romantic, but it helps because romantic love is stronger than anything else in the world, expect the power of friendship of course," Mr small droned on and on, and Darwin nearly fell asleep on his desk.

"So, Darwin. Let me tell you about Gumball..." Galaxy said, her ears flattening against her had.