Chapter 4

"Darwin, Gumball is dangerous. He...doesn't know it, but he nearly killed my entire species," Galaxy sighed and draped a hand over the table sadly. "He has power, he's one of....I can't say. I said too  much already," She sighed again and waited for Darwin to speak. 

"I don't think Gumball could ever KILL anyone, Galaxy. That'd just be weird. And he couldn't even hurt a fly." Darwin smiled as he remembered fondly about him. "And I think...I like him." Darwin admitted.

"I'll make sure that he doesn't get into any trouble." He finished and re-assured Galaxy.

"Thank you, Darwin. I'll assure Willow," She said and stood up to leave.

It was like Galaxy wasn't even there, and Darwin yawned. 

'Power? Destroyed a whole species?' Darwin asked himself as he drew circles over his math paper as Mr Small finally stopped talking about Stars. 

The bell rang, signalling the end of class for the young pupils. Darwin wanted to see what the HELL was going on with this whole Gumball destroying the world business, and he wanted answers now.

"Hey, darwin!" said a familiar annoying tone of voice. 

"Oh, hey Tobias..." Darwin stopped running slowly to catch up with him. Tobias looked at Darwin up and down, almost as if he was checking him out.

"I see you're developing nicely," Tobias murmured and flexed in front of him. Darwin only looked uncomfortable and he stepped back a little bit. "Yeah, hah, i guess?" He questioned.

"I need to find Gumbal-"

"Why is it always GUMBALL you're obsessed with? Did you forget you have OTHER friends?!" Tobias interrupted. "Don't you think that FOR ONCE, someone could like your flat ass? Hon, you need to get out of your little realm of your own and see that other people might LIKE YOU." Tobias yelled and attracted a crowd.

"Like...Me?" Darwin asked, pointing a finger to himself. He was starting to get nervous now, his heart racing and his dark face flushed.  

"You're so stupid sometimes, Darwin. YES. People Like-Like you," Tobias rubbed his rainbow coloured hair and groaned. 

"You're just too..'involved' with Gumball all the time. You never hang out with anyone else, that's why i'm so annoyed with you." He slammed his back against the locker doors and crossed his arms. "And yes," He turned his head to the side, "I do like you." 

Darwin's heart stopped, the room was spinning. The crowd got bigger and Gumball wanted to see who was hogging all of the attention.

"Hey guys, what's going on-" He stopped as he saw the discourse going on between the mismatched pair, Darwin's nervous eyes and Tobias's confident posture. Gumball got to the front of the crowd and sneered at Tobias. 

"OH, look! It's Darwin's BOYFRIEND. HAH." Tobias smirked and said, "I have a photo of you two," He talked quieter. "Of a few nights ago." He held up a small polaroid photo of the pair cuddling.

"Wha- How did you take that?" Darwin asked, honestly confused. He and Gumball haven't cuddled like that since they were young, right? 

This was so confusing. WHY on earth would Tobias forge a picture of them?

"And now EVERYONE," He took large strides in his steps, moving his arms around to exaggerate. 

"Will know. Unless...you agree to some of my demands." Tobias said darkly. "I can rip this picture up now if you agree for one date. After that date, we'll see what happens." 

Darwin could swear he nearly threw up. "Why couldn't you have just asked me like a normal person instead of making a scene like this?" Darwin asked, cocking his head innocently. 

"Because I like a little drama in my life," He smirked. Galaxy and Willow were watching the scene unfold before their eyes, and so was Gumball.

Gumball could only watch, he wanted Darwin to make the right decision. 

The tension in the room thickened as Darwin silently thought about it.

"...my answer is...."