• six - out of my sight •

"I never should have let you out of my sight!

"You took a look at a map,

"And look what happened!"

╰☆╮

"Guess what happened to me at the photography business today?" Liza walks through the door of the apartment, obviously flustered. I sit on the couch with a cup of tea for my throat, as my audition is in a few weeks.

"What happened to you at work today?" I say as you do when someone asks you that question.

"So, I was scheduling a photo shoot for this newly engaged couple, right? We're talking about some dates in November, and then I look out the window to see an old man in a bikini on a bicycle with a cowboy hat."

"What?"

"Yep. I fell out of my chair, startled when I saw him," she sits next to me. "And later during the meeting, they went to get some coffee, and after a couple minutes, I went to go and find them, they were nowhere to be found."

I gasp. "Really? That's so rude!" 

"I know!" Liza kicks off her black pumps and sits on the couch with me. "So, how was your day?"

"Well..." I begin to say, remembering what happened on the street this afternoon while I was bringing home some groceries. "I ran into someone."

"Who was it?"

"You wouldn't believe me."

╰☆╮

I walk down the streets of Manhattan with three paper bags of groceries in my hands, barely even walking upright to begin with. I pass by the cupcake place where Flynn and I ate after our date. I picture the perfect weather, location, food, and, of course, the company. I don't watch where I'm going, but I look up when it's too late.

"Oof!" I trip on an outdoor table by the window, attracting unwanted attention to myself. Although, the strangers on the street didn't care about me. But, of course, the one person I did not want to see that day was the person who stopped to help.

"Are you all right?" He asked, quite concerned.

My mind panicked, I know that voice anywhere. Once I saw his blond hair, I knew it had to be...

"Aidan?" I say under my breath.

"Millie!" Aidan looked up from my groceries on the sidewalk.

Millie?

"Hey!" I exclaim, surprised. Out of all the people walking on this sidewalk, it had to be Aidan. "What... What are you doing here? What are you doing in New York?!"

"Oh, yeah. Right..." He laughs the way he does when he gets nervous. "I meant to contact you when I got here, but I got so busy with my internship and--"

"Internship? Where?"

"Wall Street Journal. Only for a month, then they'll see how they like me," he explains and finishes picking up my groceries for me.

"Wow! And you said you never would make it so far," I take the brown bag from him.

We stand up and he holds the back of his neck. "Yeah," he breathes.