Chapter 3

The cops arrived at Ella's house and they said they knew what it was. Ella and Carla Mae shared a sigh of relief. The cops said if you want to know come by our office tomorrow at noon. The next day the two girls stopped by the police department and wanted some answers. The first question was from Carla,
"What was that purple blotch in Ella's heart?" Carla asked.
"That was a witch egg developing and we didn't want it growing so that's why Ella had surgery." The cop responded.
The second question was from Ella this time.
"Why did my mom faint and fall on the floor?" Ella questioned.
"Apparently, that witch egg Ella had was contagious. Marissa got one in her kidney and caused her to pass out. The doctors are running test to see if they can stop it, if they can't the witch will continue growing and eventually take over her body." The cop said depressed.
Ella was really nervous, she didn't want her mom to be a witch!
Carla Mae ran out the door crying. Her mom could catch a witch egg and be a witch, too. She eventually came back in and said to Ella that they have enough news. They went back to the house trembling all afternoon. Later in the evening the girls went to the hospital and asked if Marissa was okay. The doctor told them they couldn't get it out in time but there is a cure that could possibly work. Ella was bawling a storm and knew at that point... She lost her mom and her whole family.