Between Us: Serenity - Chapter 1

Thank you for being my first ever fan Sabbedoria! :)

Hey!!! It is my first story posted in Wattpad, hope you guys like it and if you like can you please pass on to your friends. It would be highly appreciated :) 

POV means Point of View 

*Chapter 1*

{Scarlett’s POV}

I didn’t know if they could hear the loud thumping in my chest, I also didn’t know if they could see the fear that I was trying so hard to suppress. Once again the feeling of a lash came down to my spine. I could feel the blood trickle down my back and soon enough I could hear that retched laughter, I knew where it was coming from, it came from the one who imprisoned me.

Anger boiled in my blood, it was as clear as it was now dark. I knew him, I knew that every time I showed anger, or any emotion for that fact, he teased me then went on to punishing me for my acts. I knew better than to show my pain though, but he always tried to push me to my limit. Which made me wonder what would happen if I did. I felt the lash go down on my spine once again, my black eyes wanting to water but I held it back with all that I had, which was not much, at all. 

My usually soft and silky hair was disheveled and frizzy. It reminded me of how long I have been here, I have not actually counted the days but I am sure that it was around three days, but it felt like I have been here for so much longer. The way that these guys, my kidnappers, sent me on the edge was horrible. They would take all my strength away till I passed out and they would leave me there. I wish that they would just kill me fast and quick at times, but I knew that was not an option.

After all I was the Princess of my country, Aequitas. In English that meant Serenity, the name of our first Queen, our founder. If I thought about it I was amazed really, in this world full of men, there was one woman who managed to claim a whole country on it’s own. I had to admit though I was jealous, because even though she was Queen she could still roam around free, and she took good care of her people. 

I was always somehow in the castle and never let out. Don’t get me wrong our country was not a country full of wars or even had many enemies; in fact we were a country of peace and prosperity. Though we did still have guards, knights and swordsmen. We even had witches and sorcerers but we never over exhausted them. Of course though, so they would stay in league they would train and fight combats.

Our country like any other had crime; after all it is normal to have bad seeds here and there. That was probably how I ended up where I am no, suffering and in pain and agony. I was careless enough to let myself get in this situation.

I was walking through the castle that night, after a stressful evening again all because my mother was forcing me into marriage. I always thought that was unnecessary I could always rule the country on my own. The first Queen did that too, she had let herself rule the kingdom till she found someone she loved and than she got married. Actually every single one of the pairs of Kings and Queens had married someone they loved, so why couldn’t I.

My frustration got the best of me and well I didn’t have my guard up no did I have anyone surrounding me, so they took me. So now I was here in a room where there was only one window, which was so small and high up. That was the only reason why I knew it was day or night. This small dainty room nothing was in it of course except the ropes, the chair, the food, the piece of glass and me. And as you would expect it was coloured beige, a lifeless color. Though I knew it was a colour that you could match anything with.

The kidnappers got me that food but only a loaf of bread a day. I had ropes tied around my feet and my arms and I am sure that it would leave rope burns. But right now that was the least of my issues. Right now I needed to get out because I’m sure my body was getting weaker and weaker and I needed to recuperate.