Between Us: Serenity - Chapter 4

This is dedicated to ValerieLongbottom. Thanks for your support. 

POV means Point of View

*Chapter 4*

{Erik’s POV}

I saw how lovingly and caring Juliet looked when Princess Scarlett awoke. She seemed to be overjoyed that Princess Scarlett was doing well and okay. It was actually the first time I have ever saw someone’s face like that and I never thought it would come out of Juliet’s, what I saw was real happiness and love for her. At that very moment I knew how much the Princess meant to her and even though minimal I understood what they were showing, they were showing love and compassion for one another, a sign of respect.

Once Juliet left it became sort of awkward for both of us, especially with the Princess staring at me and then going off into her own little world but I knew right then that she needed time to take it in, to take in everything. So I just let it go and went into my own thoughts like the Princess had done, I thought about everything that was happening.

The thing that came into my mind though that kept bugging me was the marriage, the arranged marriage. I was getting married to a girl I don’t even know, not one single bit. My mind went through all the possibilities that would or could happen once we got married.

One is we could end up as just hating each other and never talked at all and we would probably lead the kingdom down, which I knew was not a good idea. Two was that we would have a stable relationship and everything would be all right, but it would still remain awkward because we would probably only talked if we had to and that would probably be all right for the country. The last one was we would love each other with everything we had and it would just be that simple and that the country would prosper because of it.

I had a feeling though that the last part would be very hard to achieve and would be totally impossible even. I didn’t think the other two would be an outcome either; it was just my wild imagination running wild again.

I think it would be a really awkward relationship, I don’t really know the reason why I think that but it just is what I think would happen. I finally came to the conclusion of that whatever happens, I will try to not make the relationship awkward for both of us at all and try to make it enjoyable for both of our sakes. I looked at the princess and she just looked pre-occupied, like she was lost in thought.

I decided to let her think because she might still be in shock, after all who knows what has happened to her. I looked at her eyes seeing as I didn’t know what she looked like because I haven’t seen her eyes. Once I finally caught a glimpse of it, her eyes were dark brown, well in fact so dark that it looked like it was black. I wondered where she got her eyes because if I remember correctly her mother’s eyes are blue and her fathers are hazel. So neither of them had the same eyes colour as her, which to me was strange. I wanted to ask her though later on or I could even asked Juliet. 

As I thought of Juliet she entered the room with food, on the tray was rice and bacon as well as pineapple juice and water. I was confused why would you bring a princess this type of food when it is obviously lunch. “Thanks Juliet, my favorite meal.” The Princess had said, which made my curiosity stop, so this is her favorite food.

I wondered where the Princess got her appetite but in a matter of minutes she finished eating the food, I was surprised of course but I had a feeling that the Princess I was staring at was different from others, but it was a good different. Which made me feel like this would be an interesting time and it was great to be surrounded by something different because most Princess’s were not like her and from what I know so far she was the complete opposite.

{Scarlett’s POV}

I watched as Juliet came with a tray full of food. In it were my favorite’s bacon, rice and pineapple juice. I smiled she knew just what to get when I needed cheering up after everything that happened and what I just remembered.