Chapter 2

Chapter 2- CampingAbout a week later, I woke up from the canopy I had placed in my newfound home

Chapter 2- Camping
About a week later, I woke up from the canopy I had placed in my newfound home.      A random tree.  I marked my calendar for the seventh day and poured my cereal carefully.
I don't think I could have found a better tree.
I was about to eat when I realized Rebecca Black needs more than just a bowl to have cereal.  You need a spoon, too.  I opened up my backpack, rummaging for my spoon, when something fell out, onto the the ground below.
The one thing I had left of my parents.  A small, cut-out-of-a-polaroid picture of them.  Their smiling faces haunted me, even when I could barely see them.  At first I didn't want to retrieve it,  seeing it would give me less to worry about on my mission.  But I thought about it, and realized if I didn't, my guilt would just hurt even more than it already did.
So quietly, for the first time that week, I lept out of my tree.  Quickly, I grabbed the picture, hoping nobody was there. But on the contrary, as I climbed up, someone turned the corner and saw my feet dangling as I wished I had climbed the monkey bars more often as a little kid.  I pulled myself up to the branch, but it was too late. Someone saw me.   
I ran to the far end corner of my tree, and clung to the highest branch she couldn't see.  But she knew I was there, so she climbed up and saw me.
"What are you doing in this tree?' she said.
"Camping, duh."
"That's not what it looks like."
"Well, what does it look like?"
"Like you're hiding."
"What made you think that?"
"Um," she gestured to the branch I was clung on to.
"Oh, right." I let go.
"What are you really doing here?"
"None of your business."
"I can call Sheriff Swan... or Jones... whatever her last name is nowadays."
"Go ahead, you'll never find me." and with that, I took my backpack and ran to find a new tree.