Chapter 4

I'm going to start posting chapters on Sundays instead of Saturdays just letting you guys know😊

Chapter 4- School
    The next day, I woke up, feeling warmer than usual.  Today, I had a bed, and a house, and a heater.  Instead of a canopy, a tree, and mother nature being a cold hater.  This time I didn't have to say, "Haters gonna hate."
    I came downstairs with a smile on my face.  "That was the best sleep I've had in a week."  I stated to Emma and Mary Margaret, who were busy making themselves breakfast.
    "I'm sure it was better than a tree and a canopy." said Emma.  Her sarcasm reminded me of someone.  Who does she remind me of?
    "I'm going to the grocery store later, do you wanna come with me?" said Emma.
    "Sure, why not?"
    "Great, we're leaving in 15 minutes."
    "Isn't that kinda early?"
    "I have work today, I won't have time."
    So 15 minutes later, we were on the road.  But Emma didn't stop at the grocery store.
    She stopped at a school.
    "This doesn't look like a grocery store."  I said to Emma.
    "No," she responded,  "It's not."
    "Then why are we here?"
    "Look, you haven't been at school for like, a week, so while you're here you may as well catch up on some things."
    "So, we're not going to the grocery store?"
    "No.  It's too early."  She said with a smirk.  She closed the door of her yellow bug. 
    "You tricked me!"  I shouted.
    "Honestly, you've been having the luxury of not having to go to school for a week now, did you really think you would come if I said 'Hey, we're going to school?'"
    "Fine, but this better be a good school."
    "It's a private school, who's gonna be mean?"
    She had a point.
    I slunk into the school with a look of misery on my face.  I thought being on this mission for Master would mean getting out of school, but apparently it's unavoidable.  That's school.
    The lady in the office was like every lady in the office.  Old and crabby. 
    "Can I help you," she asked, obviously not wanting to know if she can help us. 
    "Hi," said Emma, "we have a new student, so she'll need a schedule and a uniform."
    "Of course," she said.  She reluctantly got out of her chair, and pulled out a random uniform.  "Does this fit?  she asked.
    I looked at the uniform.  It looked like it would be too small for a third grader.
    "You're kidding, right?" said Emma and I at the same time.  We looked at each other.
    "I'm sorry, I don't know what size you wear." said Ms. Crabapple.  Just kidding, that's obviously not her name.  Anyway...
    She gave me an Adult Small. 
    "Thank you," I said unthankfully.
    I put the uniform on. 
    "This will be your schedule for the rest of the year.  No changes."
    "Thanks," I said.  I looked at my schedule. My locker assignment was the most life-changing experience in my life.
I just didn't know it.