Chapter 1

What am I going to do?

I'm toast. Dead toast.

My heart was beating like a drum. It was in my mouth ready to jump out. The pulses in my body bet through it, bringing blood to my brain and fingers. I was trembling with the pocket knife in my hand. I am going to die.

The timer beeped with the rhythm of my heart. Obviously fast. My heart was beating at maximum speed against my chest. My hands shook as I decided which cord to cut.

Blue, red, yellow or green.

My heart got its way in mouth now with my entire body shaking.

The beeping increased faster nearing the end of the count down and the ending of my life.

I should probably just run. But I won't make it. My life is over!

Should I run? Should I try? I need help

I had the slightest how to deactivate a bomb. I was going to die with plenty other people.

What am I going to do?

Five minutes till the bomb was to explode and destroy my part of the mine. If the bomb were to go off I would die and everything found would be destroyed along with the instruments. But if I tried to defuse it I might touch the wrong cord and get killed.

I stayed there trying to decide what possible cord to cut.

I'm wasting time.

And the bomb decreased faster. I knew it was my end and I ran ten steps away not to be burnt to complete ashes.

Faster the bomb increased the beeping. The numbers on the screen decreased faster from two minutes.
I turned around and ran down the path as I counted the numbers down in my head.

THIRTY EIGHT- THIRTY SEVEN- THIRTY SIX and ONE MINUTE.

I thought about my parents and my sister. I thought of how I got myself in this situation.

Damn was I stupid!

I walked down path through the jungle sweating like a dog.

Where is that moron?

I glanced through the trees and caves. I needed to find that sick psycho before he did something stupid.
It was about noon and the sun was at its highest peak. Being Mexico in the summer was hot enough.

Where could he have possibly gone?

Hopefully to hell

I smirked at the pleasant thought.
I hated Carlton from the pit of stomach to the bottom of my soul.
He always thought he so cool and cute when he wasn't. Cheating girls of the life, knowledge, sensibility and their virginity.
Having a new girlfriend every week and fooling the girls he loved them when he was just using them for his own good.
Taking my best friend away from me and when I told her my theory she said,