Chapter 1

"Arin! Get out of bed right now, missy! We're going to work, and your nanny has arrived!" "ARIN"! "Alright, Alright, I'll be down in a minute"! I opened my eyes groggily and slowly climbed out of bed. I went to the bathroom and washed up. As I stared at my own reflection in the mirror, I realized that today was my eleventh birthday. A smile instantly crept onto my face. I hurried out of the bathroom and brushed my dark brown hair. Then I quickly ran down the staircase, almost tripping on my nightgown. I saw my parents standing in front of the door. "Happy Birthday, sweetheart", both my parents exclaimed. I looked sorta happy as they gave me the usual present for the past 11 years, money. That's what I always got for my birthday, I know my parents have a lot, so they usually give me about 600 euros or so for my special day. They both grinned at me, hugged me, and rushed out the door. They were always quite busy, because of their positions in the ministry as aurors. My family, the Langardaixes, are one of the top 28. I think that's what got my parents such high and important jobs. Anyway, I just saw my nanny standing there, looking out the window. I don't know what she saw, my mansion is pretty secluded, but not too far away from London. Maybe it was the post, I thought. I walked into the kitchen and saw my breakfast already waiting for me. I sat down and began to eat.