Chapter 2

So, as I began eating my breakfast, I heard my nanny getting the post. Her name is Mallory,  by the way. My parents had  hired her to watch me  ever since I was a little girl. She was mostly quiet and just sat there and watched tv until I wandered into the living room, asking for something. She would just give me whatever I demanded and go back to whatever she was doing. All of a sudden, Mallory walked into the room, with a surprisingly happy expression on her face. She set down a letter right in front of me. The letter was from Hogwarts. I could not believe it! I quickly tore open the letter and ripped it out of the envelope. Mallory just shook her head at me and left the kitchen. She always had told me to calm down, but I couldn't. It was just a part of me, the uneven temper and the anger and excitement. Generally all emotions. That was me. Anyway, I opened the letter and it read: "Dear Miss Langardaix, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Classes start on September 1st..." And then it just listed where I need to go, and a list of supplies. Today was August 30th, so I guess I need to go out and buy them.  Then, I finished eating my breakfast and ran upstairs to get dressed. I quickly informed Mallory and we took the floo network to Diagon Alley. Once we got there, I took out my list. Mallory and I proceeded to buy all my supplies, the books, the owl, and the robes. We finally went into Ollivanders to get a wand. After I tried 10  different ones out, I finally was chosen by a rowan wand with a unicorn core. Once we got all the supplies, Mallory and I started to head back. So we were walking and I was thinking about how great Hogwarts would be and all the people I will meet, because I usually just stay at home and my friends were usually just kids of other aurors that my parents wanted me to associate with. Then I heard Mallory faintly mention something. "What was that? Sorry I couldn't hear you." "I need to use the bathroom, now you stay right here in this alley and hold your belongings. I'll be right back, and don't lash out at strangers!" Then she quickly hurried into the bathroom. So I did what I was told, kicked some stray pebbles around on the ground, when suddenly someone bumped into me and knocked all of my stuff over, including my barn owl, Rose. I immediately got mad and began yelling. "Seriously?!", I hollered at the dark haired boy, who was beginning to get up. "You just come running down here, like you own the place, and decide you can knock over my stuff! Do you know who I am?!!", I screamed. "Well obviously I don't, but I don't really want to!" He hollered back. "Well maybe, you should stop talking and just pick up my stuff!" "Why would I?" "I don't know, maybe it would be right thing to do!" "FINE!" The boy and I just picked up my stuff in silence. "Sorry about that", both of us said and the same time. "Sorry, I'm usually like this", I offered as an apology. "It's alright",said the boy. "By the way, I'm Jason, Jason Fortier." "I'm Arin Langardaix". "Nice to meet you." "Same here." We both just stood there in awkward silence until three other figures came clobbering into the alley. " Hey, Fortier! Nice girlfriend! Did you get her from an auction?! Maybe a swamp auction?!" Both of us turned to see who the clobbering footsteps belonged to. It were three kids, who were about maybe standing at four feet, 7 inches the tallest. They were all blonde, and all had light eyes. The voice belonged to the boy in the middle. He was the tallest out of all of them, and standing at his sides were two girls, one had a scowl on her face and the other one was staring at my owl and has a sort of detached look on her face. "Get out, Moorey", said Jason. "Oh, a little feisty are we, Fortier?" "Seriously, can you just go?" "No he can't",said the girl on his right. "Patty's right, Fortier, sadly I can't go." "You see, I've recently acquired a snake, and I want to see how  fast it can attack." "So do you want to go first, or should I try it on your little girlfriend here?", he asked. "You know what, that's it Moorey! You should just get out and take your bloody snake with you!" Jason suddenly stepped forward and pushed the nasty blonde boy to the ground. It was probably very easy for him, since that boy was more than a few inches shorter than him. The blonde boy fell to the ground. "Help! Help! Patty, Cissy, he's killed me! He's killed me! He broke my arm! Help!", the boy shouted from the ground. What a drama queen, I thought to myself. "You can't hurt Jack! I'll get you for that one,Fortier!", the one with a scowl one her face shouted. She took out an umbrella, a huge black one, and started to beat Jason with it, until the boy shouted, "no need for that, Patty, we'll get him later". "Fine", said the girl with the umbrella, and the other girl was holding the obnoxious boy in her arms because he was saying that he couldn't walk. "We'll see you in school",shouted the boy, and all three of them ran out of the alley, with the boy complaining  about his arm while both of the girls were carrying him. "Who are they?", I asked. "That's Jack Moorey, I've known him since I was little. He would always run around with his two friends, insulting everyone and trying out his crazy little pranks. He's also not that ugly, actually all the girls love him, but he only hangs around with two. I think he has friends  that are boys, but those are his two closest friends. He's pampered, obviously, but he acts like an immature little kid.  And he always depends on those two girls.I would honestly love to beat him up, especially after he insulted you that way." "Wow, he sounds pretty nasty." "Yeah." Then Mallory came rushing out of the bathroom. "Come on, Arin, this isn't the time for chit chat. I have to take you to Hogwarts tomorrow, and you have to get some sleep because it's getting quite late. You'll see your friend on the train." "Ok, bye, see you later I guess." "Same, bye", and then Jason ran off. "Come on, Arin, you'll see him tomorrow", shouted Mallory. And then we went home.