Chapter Two

The following week was spent pretty much the same as every other week: getting the twins ready for school, packing lunches, dropping the twins off at school, taking Michael to a play date, doing the kids' and my own laundry, fetching the twins and taking each to their respective after-school activities (Chris played soccer and Melanie took art classes), and going home with all the kids afterwards. Evenings are normally spent having dinner with the family or cooking for the kids when Mr and Mrs Griffin had to work late, and then finally time for myself when everything was done.

Being so busy all day every day almost made me forget the events of last Sunday evening, almost. Bellamy has luckily been busy at work and never tends to spend the night here during the week, just popping in on the odd night to play with the kids or help with anything that I haven't gotten around to. But today is Saturday which means that Bellamy will probably be sleeping over at the house tonight, which means that I need to watch out for retaliation. That boy really took his threats seriously and I needed to watch my back around him in case he decided I needed to 'pay' for Sunday night.

I usually work on Saturday mornings but Mrs Griffin gave me the morning off since she decided to go visit her parents and take the kids with her. They left about an hour ago, and so did Mr Griffin who went to go play golf with a few of his University friends, which meant I had the house to myself until tonight when everyone came back, including Bellamy. I decided to spend my morning lounging by the pool and finish the book I've been reading for the last week. 30 minutes into my relaxing morning and the doorbell started ringing, I wasn't expecting anyone back home so early since it was only 11:00 o'clock. I scrambled to put on my t-shirt, which was long enough and came down to the middle of my thigh, yelling "I'm coming" at the incessant ringing doorbell. I rushed to the front door and opened it to a smirking jackass.

"Exactly what every man wants to hear, a girl screaming 'I'm coming'" he said with that stupid grin on his face, "sorry,I forgot my keys here last time". "Bellamy, always so good with words" I said rolling my eyes at him but the smile on my lips gave away that I wasn't all that irritated with his words. "What are you doing here anyway?" I asked as I closed the door and started walking back to the pool, "I thought you were only coming here tonight". "I heard my favorite little pixie was all alone and knew I had to keep her company". I punched him in the arm "how many times do I have to ask you to stop calling me that, and besides I wanted to spend the day alone so you can go now" I said waving him off in a dismissive gesture. "Nah, I think I'll stick around, wait for you to take that shirt off so I can see what you're hiding underneath" he winked at me.

His face turned serious after a moment "in all seriousness though I just needed to be somewhere where no one will come and bother me today. I'll stay out of your way, will probably do some work in the study. That's if you don't mind?" he asked raising his eyebrow. "It's fine dumbbell you can stay, I'm making tacos and I won't be able to eat it all so you might as well be useful" I sighed. He walked toward me and gave me a side hug "that's why you're my favorite pixie, you feed me" he smiled and walked into the house, to work I presumed. I spent the next few hours lounging and reading my book, barely aware of the fact that I was alone with Bellamy, barely.