The Stars Beyond The Trees

It was a soothing silence.
One that both the Jonin and the genin shared under the silver moonlight that illuminated the deadly quiet forest. Both males sat across from one another, a small crackling fire separating the space between them.
Kakashi had arrived here with Naruto only two hours ago at sunset. Here was a place that only the Jonin knew of, a peacefully silent place where Kakashi came to think and empty his troubles and read his pervy books, his paradise. Naruto's eyes casted into the night sky as he breathed deeply awakening his lungs to the crisp and cool air. Never had the blonde boy layed his eyes on such a breathtaking view, it made him feel at home.
"Sensei?" Their orbs connected from across the dancing flame, the moonlight reflecting onto Kakashi's pale skin.
"Hm?" The older questionably mumbled, resting his arms onto his lap.
"I think its about time we go to sleep its getting late." The blue eyed genin hazily spoke, yawning heavily.
"I think your right." Kakashi stood, swiping the dirt away from his navy blue pants. He once again adverted his gaze towards the blonde as the blonde did the same.
"I take it you don't have anything to sleep with?" The silver haired man questioned knowing that Naruto wouldn't have any type of sleeping necessities in his backpack.
The teen bit his bottom lip, realizing that he didn't.
"I packed extra blankets in the occurrence this would happen." The man turned around heading in the direction of his luggage returning with 2 large blankets and a pillow all resembling a similar color, black.
He handed them to Naruto who sloppily organized his bed onto the ground about 5 feet away from the descending flame. He sat onto the covers clutching onto the cloth on his shirt pulling it over his head all while the older mindlessly watched.
"Your not going to be cold?" He raised his brow as his broad arms crossed from over his chest.
"No I'm sure I'll be warm enough." The boy turned his back away from the other, now laying onto his side.
"Goodnight sensei." He wearily replied before dozing off.

*3 minute time skip brought to you my Gaara of the Sand (another one of my faves)*

Kakashi was now only wearing his black jumpsuit, leaving his headband, gloves, and his other clothing products elsewhere with the exception of his mask. He quietly layed onto his small sleeping setup lying onto his back while his silver hair spread out across the pillow. He watched the stars with a rare look of amusement bearing his eyes. To the Jonin, star gazing never seemed to get boring. It was truly fascinating. As he watched further and further in time, he noticed a light, glowing fragment space itself among the black canvas.
It was a shooting star, one that was meant to grant anything you may think to desire, one that the man could have really used right now.
And so he wished.
I yearn to discover the one I'm meant to love dearly, the thought slowly lingers in my conscience everyday ever since Naruto asked that question...
The final thought being announced from the mans mind, he then closed his eyes and wandered off into slumber.

I am uber excited about this chapter. It was fun to write but it is a bit short. I hope you all enjoyed reading
Peace

~jessica