10

Stiles: where r u

Lydia: AP Math why?

Stiles: whens ur free period

Lydia: next...

Stiles: good. Meet me in the courtyard

Lydia: again, why?

Stiles: for the love of god woman

Stiles: i want to talk

Lydia: then text me

Stiles: -.- in person

Lydia: ooooooh sounds like I'm in trouble

Lydia: it was scott who broke your gta game

Stiles: your not in trouble

Stiles: that bastard

Stiles: he told me it was isaac who broke my game!

Lydia: 🙄 (rolling eyes emoji)

Stiles: just meet me in the cy okay?

Lydia: okay

Stiles: maybe okay will be our always

Lydia: dont even go there

Lydia:

Stiles: I want to laugh

Stiles: But i also want to slap you

Lydia: slap me and i'll personally castrate you

Stiles: i was joking

Stiles: i'd never hurt you

Stiles: EVER

Stiles: so leave my testicles out of this!

Lydia: mmm-hmmm

Lydia: gotta go Ms. SpringField is coming

Stiles: courtyard! Next period! Meet me there!

Lydia: okay! Bye! Bitch!

Stiles: gotta zayn

Lydia: dont

The bell rang and Lydia gathered her books. She quickly walked to her locker, putting in her combo, and opening it. She placed her stuff neatly inside and then closed it back up.

She walked down the hall, passing some of her friends in the process. She smiled and waved. Lydia exited the school and walked towards the rows of bushes.

As she walked past the plants she saw Stiles sitting at one of the red benches all by himself. The looked up, noticing her and a smirk appeared on his lips.

"Hey," She said and he gestured for her to sit down across from him. Lydia reluctantly did.

"Hi," Stiles said and scratched the back of his neck out of habit. "I...um...wanted to talk about last night."

Lydia laughed, her white teeth showing. "You're saying it as if we did something," She chuckled. Stiles quietly laughed with her.

"I'm sorry for waking you up," He started off. "I wanted to talk to someone and I wanted it to be you." Lydia nodded.

"It's okay," She told him, "But you sounded shaken up. What happened?" Stiles shrugged.

"I just got really, really sad last night," He said, "But I'm okay now." Lydia gave him a skeptical look. "I'm fine, I promise."

"Don't promise on things that you and I both know are lies," Lydia said. Stiles sighed.

"Yesterday was my mom's birthday," He admitted, looking down at the table.

"Oh," Lydia murmured. She remembered a little bit of what Scott told her, that Stiles' mother had died when Stiles was still a child. "I'm sorry Stiles."

"Yeah," He said, "But like I said, I'm fine. It was just a moment of weakness." Lydia rolled her eyes.

"You know we all have our moments of weakness, right?" She said. "There's no reason for hiding them."

Stiles smiled small and looked at her. "Thanks."

"Anytime, Asshole," Lydia said teasingly and stood up. Stiles stood up after her.

She saw the faint look of need in his eyes and it made her sadden. It hurt her to see him unhappy.

Never had she ever pictured being so close to Stiles Stilinski–not even in her wildest dreams.

"I'll text you later, alright?" Lydia said. Stiles nodded.

They went separate ways. Lydia headed back into the school where as Stiles just wondered around the courtyard, contemplating things in his head.