8

Darren's mom, Melanie, shook our hands while smiling.

"So, how far a long are you?" Melanie asked as she sat down.

"Uh, two months-ish" I answered. Darren sat across from me.

"Still a long ways to go"

"Yeah, scary" I looked down at my fingers.

"Don't worry, Darren will help you along the way" she looked at her son who clearly wasn't show any interest into the conversation. He was typing away on his phone.

"Right Darren" she smiled but not catching his attention, "Right. Darren" this time more annoyed.

"Darren" she slapped the back of his head lightly which caused me to giggle.

"Okay okay, I heard you" he shrugged away.

"Delia!" Melanie yelled.

She appeared in the kitchen and sat down.

We ate a wonderful roast with carrots, celery, and potatoes in the mix. She poured us juice as her and my mom were discussing the situation.

"I really hope it's a girl" Delia smiled at me.

"Yeah me too" I smiled.

"Do you know when you're due?" She asked as she took a sip of her water.

"I'm guessing sometime in September?" I chuckled nervously.

"Finally, an autumn baby! Everyone in our family has birthdays in the summer, there's nothing wrong with that, but it'd be a nice change"

Delia and I talked for the rest of the time discussing the baby and how she wants to host a gender reveal party.

"We better get going, and the roast was amazing" my mom smiled at Melanie.

"Yes! Anytime, we're actually going to have a barbeque this weekend if you'd like to come" Melanie smiled at us.

"Yes, we'll bring fruit and salads" my mom said as we started leaving.

"Bye Maisie" Delia shouted as we got outside.

"Bye!" I yelled.

We drove back to the house while my mom filled me in on what the arrangements are that her and Melanie discussed.

"We've decided to wait until you're halfway through the pregnancy to discuss everything like the clothes, stroller, carrier, and all the other baby needs"

I drowned out most of what she was saying because I couldn't listen without getting anxious.

We pulled up to the house. Daniel and his two best friends were shooting hoops in the driveway.

"Why are they playing so late, it's like nine" I wondered.

The ball bounced off the rim weirdly and almost hit me.

I ran after it rolled down the driveway. I quickly scooped it up and dribbled back.

"You guys want to play two on two?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Um, with your condition I won't let it happen" Daniel tried grabbing the ball but I quickly switched to my right hand.

"Too bad, plus I'm not even that far" I rolled my eyes.

"Well, still Mase, come one and just give me the ball" Daniel tried reaching out but I stepped back while still dribbling.

"No, I want to play, I haven't played since eighth grade" I whine.

"Sucks to suck" now he was trying to steal the ball from me.

"Fine fine" I grabbed the ball and pretended to throw it at one of his friends to see Daniel look back at him. The ball bounced behind my back and I quickly regained it back to dribbling with my right hand.

"Ha, loser you actually fell for that" I giggled.

"Wow" he looked at me blankly.

"Anyways, is that a yes?"

"Fine, Sullivan be on a team with Maisie"

A tall, tan guy walked towards me and nodded as he stood next to me.

"Does anyone ever call you Sully?" I asked out of curiosity.

"No, plus that's my last name"

"I'm going to call you Sully" I stated.

"How tall are you?" I asked him again.

"Six one"

"Aye, go tall team" I held up my hand in the air as he gave me a high five.

"How tall are you?" He asked.

"Five ten"

"Dang, that's tall for a girl" he stated, "But... You're still short" he patted my head.

I rolled my eyes, "Said the last girl you were with" I muttered.

"What?"

"What" we both looked at each other in confusion.

"AYE, LET'S START" Daniel yelled.

I passed the ball to Sully and ran down the driveway.

Daniel was guarding me and got all up my face.

I pushed him away and ran closer to Sully as he was crossing over the guy he was guarding.

I got away from Daniel and in the short second, Sully passed the ball to me and ran down to the hoop.

Daniel kept swiping at the ball.

I looked around for Sully and saw he mouthing me to shoot it.

I held the ball and pretended to throw it to get Daniel to stop.

It worked, he quickly looked over to where Sully was at, I prepared to shoot and let go.

The ball bounced on the rim and dropped in the hoop.

"Yes!" I said in victory as Sully came and gave me a high five.

Daniel kept saying saying it was because he was going easy on me.

Let's face it, we all know I'm way better at basketball.