13

I stepped in with Madison by my side making the nurse look up. She was young like she just got out of college.

"Hello, how can I help you?" She asked.

"Hi, I'm not feeling so good" I told her.

Her eyes filled with concern as she motioned me to sit on the chair.

"Is it your stomach? Throat?" She asked.

"Well I got sick before school and ever since I got here I've not been feeling good" it was some what the truth.

"Okay, can i take your temperature?" She asked while standing up and getting something out from the cupboard.

"Sure"

She stuck something under my tongue as she read the temperature.

"Your temperature seems normal, what's your name?" She asked as she started clicking away on her laptop.

"Maisie Jenson"

She typed and looked over something.

"You only missed one day of school, so you could go home if you want" she informed me.

"I'd like to go home please" I smiled.

She wrote a pass and looked at Madison.

"Oh, she's my sister," the nurse glanced at both of us, "and my ride home, my mom is at work" I added in quickly.

She nodded her head and wrote another pass and handed it to Madison.

"Thank you" I got up and left.

We showed our passed to the secuirty guards and left.

"I can't believe that actually worked" Madison smiled.

"Got to learn how to lie to make it through this world, sadly" I laughed.

A yellow Jeep was parked in the front with no doors attached to it.

As we got closer I saw Darren in the passenger seat with sunglasses on.

We hopped in the back and as soon as we got our seat belts buckled, Chance sped out of the parking lot.

The air was warm as we drove fast and out of the city. We stopped at the same beach where the party had their bonfires.

A couple of them were here in a small group.

We got out and I noticed that we didn't bring our swimsuits.

Darren started taking off his flowery shirt and jeans to reveal some basketball shorts. He also has a nice defined six pack. I quickly adverted my eyes to the ocean as the waves would reach out onto the shore and retrieve back.

"Are you coming?" Darren asked.

I nodded and quickly followed him.

"So, what's the point of the beach today?" I asked as I walked beside him.

"It's senior ditch day but everybody ditches on senior ditch day" he shrugged.

His eyes were a pretty green in the sunlight and his skin was perfectly tan.

I looked ahead ignoring his stare on me.

"You have really long hair" he stated.

I instantly grabbed my hair and observed it.

"Yeah" I agreed. It reached my hips when I left it down.

Again, Darren was staring at me.

"How'd you get that scar?" His finger lightly traced the long scar on the inside of my elbow to my thumb on my right arm.