Chapter 5

Vincent P.O.V

My eyes wide in surprise as I opened her text. Is she pitying me? Does she really care for me? So many questions rushed through my head. I chucked my phone across the room. I couldn't take it anymore. I was bi-polar, and stressed I didn't need more drama.

My thoughts disappeared as I heard my father scream for me.
"Vincent come get my cane" he yelled through a strained voice
My father was 30 years old, he only used the cane to beat someone. And when he called a person to get his cane someone was getting it.
I handed it to him with a frightened glance. He called all my siblings down and lined as form oldest to youngest. I was the oldest and I had two younger twin sisters. I got hit in the back so many times it started feeling normal to me. He told my sisters to go upstairs and he grabbed a belt a whacked me across the face. He told me if I ever left the house dirty again, I was in a world of pain. I ran to my room and cried my self to sleep. When I woke up, I had a new scar that thumped in pain.
I remembered how abusive my life could be. I remembered everything with Crystal. And I remembered my mom was gone, he killed her and got away with it.. He called it self defense.. But I was there I saw everything. Her sweet voice singing me songs. But because of the devil I call my father, she's gone. My life was far from perfect.
My phone had a small crack in it. I texted back Crystal.
"You don't want to be involve with me. Im a worthless freak who gets beat. Scars and bruises to prove. Find someone worth your time. And I won't lie I love you too. My heart skips a beat when I'm next to you. But I don't need your pity. I don't need anybody's"