06

Skylar•••

"To the what?" I asked, bemusingly.

"To the record store." Calum confirmed.

"There's a record store around here?" I questioned.

"Wow, you don't get out much do you? I've been here for about 2 weeks and I've already explored more than you have." He chuckled.

It was true, I don't explore much, all I really know is the mall and salon obviously, but I do know of a nearby hidden drugstore.

"Okay then, take me to the record store!" I exclaimed. I was in need some new records for my record player.

We were about to walk out the door, but I remembered that I wasn't looking suitable enough.

"Wait, Calum. Let me get ready first." I stopped him.

"Depends, are you one of those girls that take really long to get ready." He asked.

"Okay, first of all, stereotypes. Second, no, I'll take about 5 minutes." I remarked.

"Okay, go do whatever you need to." Calum let me go.

I went to my room and picked out my clothes; an Iron Maiden shirt, black jeans, and that was about it.

I quickly changed into my attire and walked out to see Calum on his phone. I cleared my throat to show that I was ready.

He looked up from his phone, "Wow, you actually do take only 5 minutes."

"Told ya." I smirked,"Leggo?"

He nodded and we walked to the door and I quickly put on my vans and we headed out.

"So tell me, where exactly is this record store?" I questioned.

"That's a surprise." Calum answered, smiling.

"Bullshit, I hate surprises." I scoffed.

"Well, let's hope you don't kill me because I am not telling you where it is." He chuckled.

We started walking in a straight direction, but then we turned left and right multiple times, so I'm not entirely sure how to get there on my own.

When we did get there though, it was beautiful. It was a relatively small shop with light blue painted bricks covering the outside. The place was called Record This, and it was honestly the cutest place ever.

"Cute place." I murmured to myself, but Calum heard and replied,"It is, isn't it."

"How'd you find it?" I asked, still outside, looking at the exterior. I wasn't in school anymore and I wasn't taking design anymore, but exterior and interior design still amused me.

"I told you, I explore." He grinned as if he was proud of it.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Let's head in?" I suggested and he obliged.

We opened the glass door and the small bell atop it jingled. How adorable.

I looked around and split up with Calum. I started looking through the shelves and caught myself looking at a few more modern vinyls.

I grabbed a copy of Death of a Bachelor, as well as The Black Parade. Yeah, one was kinda old and one was relatively new, but I loved music no matter what.

I continued looking through the store and saw the 'new arrivals' aisle. There was some One Direction, some Halsey, and other new artists.

I never really listen to what's new, I mainly listen to older things, but if an artist I favor releases some new music, or if its constantly talked about, then that'll be the only new music I'll listen to.