Chapter 23

Calum's P.O.V.

"Calum can you stop pacing! You are shaking the entire house!" My sister Mali yelled from the living room.

"Sorry Mali!" I shouted back. "I can't help it though! I'm freaking out over this date!"

Then it was quiet for about a minute. Then the peace was disrupted by the sound of my sisters high heel shoes coming up the wooden stairs. She burst into my room without even knocking, a slight smirk on her face.

"I could have been naked," I spoke sarcastically.

"Nothing I haven't seen before," she said as I rolled my eyes. "So what's this about a date? Who's the lucky girl?"

"Guy."

"Guy?"

"Yes Mali, I'm going on a date with a guy. His name is Michael and he's the cutest person I have ever met."

"Isn't that the guy who dyed your hair purple?" She asked.

"Yup. I asked him out this morning," I explained.

"You asked him out on a Saturday morning? Why such an odd time?"

"Well he spent the night last night and while we were having breakfast we were joking about him marrying me opposed to my awesome pancakes, long story, and how we would be an amazing married couple. So I suggested we go on a date. I'm picking him up at six for dinner and a movie."

"He spent the night last night?" Mali asked with a smirk.

"Is that really all you got out of that conversation?"

"Yup. Does mom know that you had a guy over last night?"

"No, but Ashton stays over all the time," I defended myself.

"Yeah, and the two of you end up blowing each other and don't you dare try and deny it because I hear things I wish I didn't those nights."

All I could do in response was blush. Mali laughed at my reaction, until we heard the front door open.

"Mali, Calum, I'm home," my mom shouted through the house.

Mali looked at me with an evil look in her eyes. I began to panic. She was going to tell our mom that Michael stayed over last night.

"Mom!" Mali shouted as she ran through the house. I chased after her, trying to stop her before she reached our mom.

I wasn't fast enough. She ran into the living room, where my mom was sat on the couch.

"Calumhadaboyoverlastnight," Mali rushed out.

"You know I can't understand when you talk like that," my mother told her, "what were you saying sweetie?"

"Nothing important, mom," I said before Mali could talk again.

"It must be, or else you wouldn't be trying to prevent your sister from telling me," she said knowingly. "Mali, what were you saying?"

"Calum had a boy over last night," she said smirking.

"Calum," my mom spoke sternly.

"Am I allowed to explain without Mali here?" I pleaded.

"Mali, can you go up to your room while I talk with your brother?" Mali looked like she wanted to fight back, but she reluctantly complied and walked up the stairs to her room. "Explain."

"When I was driving Michael to school yesterday, he told me something very personal that made him very emotional. He started crying, so I drove him back here because I didn't want him to have to go into school. We played video games, watched movies, and ate some pizza. At some point Michael fell asleep and he looked so peaceful, so I let him sleep over. I hope you don't mind. I was just looking out for a friend," I explained, excluding certain other things we had done.