Ch 15: Bye Bye Happy Days

You guys begged me for another chapter, so here it is! Sorry it's so short, I have so many other fanfictions I'm currently working on <3

Chapter Fifteen

"Bye house." I said, making sure it was loud enough for my father to hear. He gave me an annoyed look, and I ignored it. "Three months away is shit. . . I know, I'm going to miss you too, baby." I placed my hand on the living room wall, and seductively rubbed it. 

"You better not start making love to the wall." Mariah threatened, "I don't want to have to repaint it."

I sighed, and backed away from the wall. Though I was acting all dramatic, I was scared to death of this trip. To be alone with my father and his stupid crew for the next three months was the scariest thing to me.

There was no getting away from them, as we travel all around Europe, and Australia.

It's not fair that I didn't get any say in it either.

I grabbed my two suitcases, and large book-bag that was full of none other than school books. Homeschooling. Honestly, I wouldn't mind being home-schooled by Mariah, but by my dad? 

I'd rather die.

I packed all my stuff into the car. My father was on the phone, trying to contact the rest of his band members to meet them at the airport.

Mariah handed me a jacket as I was about to get into the car. "It's cold in planes." She said with her thick Mexican accent. She sounded almost concerned -"Cold like your personality. Wear this to keep your stupid self warm." Almost. 

"Thanks Mariah." I said with a fake smile, showing her that even though she was being a smartass, and I typically am a smartass, I wasn't not grateful.

She was rude, but she still rudely cared for me.

I put the jacket on, said goodbye to her, -no hugging- and hopped into the car. Minutes later, my father got off the phone, and got in as well. Leaving my comfortable meter at an all time low.

As he turned on the vehicle, and pulled out of the driveway, and he began his unnecessary list of rules.

"I know planes are difficult for you." He said, with his usual cold tone, "I'm aware how scared you are of heights."

He doesn't know the half of it.

"I just want to be reassured, that though you are scared of heights, you aren't going to have some anxiety attack, and freak out on the plane, right?"

He was speaking to me as if I were a five year old.

"I'm not some child, I can handle myself."

"Last time you were on a plane, you threw up on Frank, and cussed out the flight attendant. I understand it's your fear but-"

"I get it." I cut him off, "I'll keep my headphones on the whole flight."

He nodded, "Good." he awkwardly patted my shoulder in reassurance. I wasn't sure whether to inch away or just let him do what he thinks will calm me down.

"Aria." He said after a long moment of silence in which I contemplated suicide by jumping out of the moving vehicle. He took a deep breath, as if it were so hard to say what he was about to say, "I want you to understand that even though you don't want to travel with us."

"That's an understatement-"

"Still," He said a bit louder, which cut me off, "I do understand that this is quite unfair to you."

"Then why are you forcing me to go?"

"Because I don't know what else to do." He said it so calmly, "You can hate me all you want, but that doesn't beat the fact that I have to work, and I can't watch you while I'm thousands of miles over seas."

I didn't even know what to say to that, so I kept quiet.

"After this tour, I'll consider allowing you to stay home for the next tour, but that's only if you behave yourself during these three months."

I rolled my eyes, he makes it seem like three months with him is a piece of cake.

"It'll go by quick." He said, almost as if reassuring himself. 

But we both knew, this tour is going to be shit.