Ch 5: Lies Lies and More Lies

Sorry for the spelling mistakes I wrote all of this on my ipod lmao 

**THERE WILL BE AN UPDATE FOR THIS STORY EVERYDAY FOR THE NEXT FIVE DAYS. TELL YOUR FRIENDS, TELL YOU GRANDMA, AND TELL YOUR UNCLE BECAUSE HE MIGHT WANNA KNOW 

Chapter Five

"Mariah!" I shouted, "You'll never guess what!" I said as I tried to smile my widest. This was it, this is what was going to get me out of here. I had to make this convincing, or she'd never believe it.

"What are you going on about, you stupid child?" She was doing laundry in our laundry room. I hoisted myself up, and sat on the dryer, as she was throwing clothes in it.

"I was invited to a sleepover."

She stopped, and glanced up at me, "I do not like lies, Niña."

"It's not a lie." I pouted.

She sighed and lowered her voice as if she were only speaking to herself. "Soy demasiado viejo para las mentiras." She shook her head in annoyance. As if mentally agreeing with herself.

"Ok, I don't know what you just said, but if that's a 'yes, you can go' then I accept it."

"What dumb person would ever want to be your friend?"

"Obviously, this dumb person."

"Well, they are very stupid to even consider inviting you."

"Can I go, or not?" I finally asked in annoyance.

"I'll have to ask your father."

I felt my heart drop rather quickly. Why the hell did he have to know? It's not like he cared. If anyone knew this was all a lie, it'd be him. He knows better than anyone that keeping friends was something I could never do. Even years ago, in kindergarten, I never got along with the other children. He'd always have to pick me up early since all I ever did was cry because I didn't know anyone. It's embarrassing to even think about it now, as I'd much rather be at school than home alone with him.

He still makes fun of me for that, too. Always called me his 'easily assumed little demon'. He always would say "There was a time that you actually wanted to be around me." Then he'd laugh, and say; "It was exhausting, really." Even thinking about it turns my face red with rage -and embarrassment.

"That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard." I pouted, "He doesn't need to know."

"And why not? Are you hiding something, you stupid girl?"

"Mariah." I said with an overly dramatized sigh, "You know very well my whole life is a secret from that shit spawn."

She suddenly slapped me on the back of my head -per usual- "How many damn times must I hit you for you to realize talking nonsense about your father is going to get you hit? You are like a stupid puppy who cannot learn."

"My insults to him doesn't affect you, so why do you have to punish me?" I asked as I rubbed the back of my head, "Besides, I have never been to a sleepover before, and I'm really excited. You know he likes to ruin my fun to piss me off, why can't you just allow me to go?" Queue the puppy dog eyes.

Even though she was mean, and hated me, Mariah did have a heart; which I took extreme advantage of, all the time. She stared at me for a long moment, the hard expression on her face suddenly softened, and she sighed. "And who is it you are going to be staying with?" I had already planned out everything I needed to say to her. All I really had to worry about now, was if she'd believe it.

"A girl from my school." 

"Her name?"

"Danielle Baker."

"Her address?" 

I quickly told her the address to a girl I knew's home. I went there once for a project, and never went back.  She thought I was strange, and I didn't blame her.

"Do her parents approve of Satan sleeping over their house?"

"I'm pretty sure."

"When is this tragic sleepover?"

"Tonight."

She nodded, her head, and huffed in extreme annoyance, "Fine, child. Only because I pity you for being such a pathetic loser with no social life. I thank God, my Juan is too old to marry you."

I nodded, "I thank God for that too." I hugged her tightly, even though she hated hugs, "Thank you Mariah. You are my angel."

"Get off of me before I change my mind and lock you in the basement. Your stupid may be contagious on physical contact." It was strange, as she said that is was almost as if I could actually detect a bit of enlightenment in her tone. I wondered if she was happy about the concept of me finally having a friend, since she had always commented about how much of a loner I was. Too bad this was all a lie. I even admitted that there wasn't a soul in the world who wanted to befriend me.

Which I was totally okay with, because I didn't want friends anyway.

I quickly let go of her, and bounced out of the room.  That was way easier than I had planned.  Of course, thinking about all I was about to put myself though, it was definitely going to be the easiest thing of all. 

It all goes uphill from here.

I had already packed my stuff days before, as I was really eager to get a move on out of this house. The very smell of it brought on bad memories for me, and I couldn't bear it. 

I put on two long sleeve shirts, a sweater, a sweatshirt, and finally, a giant coat. I needed to keep warm if I was going to be traveling on the road for a couple of days. It was cold out there, even though I was current sweating my skin off. I had a map to the refuge home in my back pocket, and had my giant book-bag -that was filled with clothes, and money.

I was ready.

I grabbed my cellphone, and headed out of my room.