Chapter 4

A/N: My plan was to create this as a very short story but I went on a writing hiatus with all my stories. But I think I want to continue this one but it won't be long or special compared to other love stories. So enjoy (I guess? If I ever update again)
______________

I walk down the empty street thinking what do I want for dinner? Also most important dessert.

I'm super hungry but I should wait to eat something until 7:00 or maybe I can have a "small snack" now.

Hmm.... like pudding or cookies. As I was thinking I walked into the Central Plaza randomly, then I see the love of my life.

I wish I could run over there, but I can't it would be embarrassing.

I should be calm and walk over there slowly. At first I tried to listen to myself, keyword tried but I just couldn't.

I ran towards my love like a little kid and opened the door admiring the things around me.

The love of my life was a candy store, it wasn't just this candy store it's also my refrigerator and other sweets.

My moral code which is stupid is "don't eat it unless you like it", luckily for me I like everything.

It's ridiculous right well so am I. There were a lot of people but more importantly there were rows of candy where you can shovel in different candy into treat bags.

I grabbed two treat bags and started to plan out what I was going to grab.

I love candy but I grabbed two bags because I wanted to drop one off at my parents house for my sister, so I have to plan on what I'm getting her.

I always start at the last row but when I got there was no one there except in the corner there was this little girl crying with her knees to her chest.

I start grinding my teeth together, that awkward moment when you're not sure what to do.

"Um... are you lost?", I asked her. She looked up at me wiping the tears from her eyes and nods.

"Where did you get lost at maybe we can find your parents?"

"I was with my big brother."

"Okay we'll find him. My name is Layla. What's your name? How old are you? "

"Amy and I'm six years old", she replied holding six fingers up.

"Do you like candy?", I asked and she nodded. "Well we are in a candy store so let's get some candy?"

"I can't. I don't have money", she said.

"Don't worry I can pay. So what's your favorite candy?", I asked and we just started talking to each other about each other.

You know like our favorite candies, animals, colors, and other simple things like that as we grabbed candy. Finally we finished and we both went up to the counter to pay.

"That will be $5.27", the casher told me. I gave her the money and as she was about to say have a nice day but I have to tell her about this lost girl. I can't have her coming home with me.

"Excuse me miss but this little girl is lost. So if you could help her find her brother?", I asked.

"But you just bought her candy?", the casher replied.

"Yeah so what", I say and she glared at me.

"You shouldn't buy candy for kids you don't know"

I just shrugged my shoulder and told her "She was crying in the back row"

"And?", the cashier replied.

"And she's my sister", someone said behind me.

"Big brother, the money lady is being mean to my new friend", Amy says. I turned around and see that Amy's brother is Orlando, now that I think about it they do look alike.

"So the money lady is being mean and your new friend was being nice to you, that doesn't seem right", he said looking at the cashier.

The cashier looked a little worried and panicked. She probably thought we were or he was going to tell her boss what happened.

"I'm so sorry for making this little mistake. Please accept these", she said putting a fake smile and gave us lollipops.

"Thank you money lady", Amy said grabbing Orlando's and my hand trying to pull us out the door.

"Yeah, thanks", I said then stuck my tongue at her as we left. Didn't she look angry at me.

"Layla, you didn't have to spoil my sister with candy. Let me pay you back. How much was it?", I suddenly remembered who was with me.

"You know my new friend", Amy said letting go of both of our hands.

"Oh... I wasn't really spoiling her, it's just a treat. So you don't have to pay me back. Plus she was cryin-"

"I wasn't crying, I was just sad", Amy said busy going through her candy bag.

"You said that last time you got lost. We were suppose to go home and you ran into a candy shop, had Layla buy you candy, and almost got Layla in trouble."

"But it's the lady fault for trying to get her in trouble", Amy argued back.

"It's fine, I buy candy for my little sister all the time. Wait. I thought you had Club today", I say.

"I thought so too but it got cancelled so I had to pick my sister up. Anway we should get home", Orlando said.

I remembered that I have to drop this candy off at my parents house before they get home.

"Yeah I have to drop off this candy for my little sister. And about the tutoring thing. Cassandra has softball practice on Fridays, but she can help on Wednesdays", I say which I felt sadness again.

"It's fine as long as I can keep my grades up, my parents wouldn't bother me anymore."

"Yeah.... parents", I say feeling a little pain in my heart.

"Could I get your number?"

"What?!"

"I forgot to ask you earlier but I don't know your address so if you could send it to me. You know when we meet up for tutoring tomorrow."

"Oh. Uh. Yeah", I relplied as we ended up exchanging numbers. I surprised when he asked for my number but of course it's because of tutoring.

"Thank you! Thank You for the candy and being my friend, Layla. Bye bye", she said waving then went running.

"Your welcome", I replied.

"Hey! Wait!", Orlando yelled.

"Hurry up!", Amy yelled back.

"Thank you so much for helping her", he said then hugged me.

"I-It's f-fine", I stuttered.

"Also when I was looking for Amy, I saw you running into the candy store. You were like a little adorable kid", he whispered in my ear then released me from his hug laughing.

"Eh!?", I blushed so hard. He was hugging me and he saw me running into the store. So embrassing.

"Well see you at school and after-school tomorrow. Thanks again", he said then went chasing after Amy.

I didn't expect him to talk to me twice today and he hugged me. He's probably just thankful I found his sister. I should just drop this off to my sister then get home.