Prologue

She watched in silence as the flames started devouring the place she once called home. Who knew a place with so many fun-filled and loving memories with her family could also be a place full of suffering? A place full of sorrowful and heartbreaking memories? Memories that would most probably haunt her until her very last breath.

Her tear-stained cheeks were now dry. She was beyond tired. She was tired of screaming, tired of crying, tired of even blinking. It was all too much for a 6-year-old kid like her. Her hair was all over the place, her favorite dress was now covered in blood, her skin sticky from all her sweat, her body covered in small cuts and bruises. And God did she reek. But she couldn't even care less.

She was all alone now. Alone in a world so cruel where humanity seems to no longer exist. Where everything she's ever known, everything she's ever loved was now gone and taken away from her. Just in the blink of an eye.

How she wished she was only dreaming. How she wished this was all just some nightmare, where in a few minutes, her daddy would come running to her side, telling her everything will be alright, soothing her with his words while tucking her back into the warmth of her bed and the safety of her blankets.

But no. This was reality. This was real life.

"Nadine, baby girl. I'm sorry." A voice croaked from behind her. "I'll take care of you, I promise."

Then everything went black.

**

DISCLAIMER: This book is set in an alternate universe which means none of the events in this book are happening in real life. This is a fictional story about fictional representations of real people. James Reid, Nadine Lustre, Bret Jackson and all other real people who are mentioned in this story do not act or behave the same way that I have wrote in this book.

WARNING: This fanfic may contain strong language and mature content (e.g. sexual scenes) so if you are not up for it, then please do not proceed any further.

This is my first ever story which I do plan on finishing so I'd be happy if ya'll would show me some love and support. Thanks a bunch!

Love lots,
Ché