Confrontation

"Stop right there!" I cried as he leant against the wall of the outside of my office. "Now, Miles, no need to get all cocky with me." He grinned.
"H-huh?! You admit that I'm the real Edgeworth...?"
"Of COURSE you're the real Edgeworth! Any dumb fool would realise. Except your precious little Phoenix, of course. He has his own level of stupidity." It was a nasty, sarcastic comment that I didn't take kindly to. I suddenly became very defensive; "HEY! Don't you DARE make comments like that about Phoenix!" I pointed at him in fury. He simply shook his head and airily laughed. "Now, now. I know you're madly in love with him, but there's no need to shout!" He suddenly pinned me against the wall and clamped a large, rough skinned hand against my mouth. I struggled under his firm grip, but was unable to wriggle free. I gave up and went limp, allowing myself to be pushed against the wall. My back screamed in agony.

My eyes flitted up to his.

"Good pretty boy." He grinned before continuing; "Now, there's no need to complicate things, so I'd appreciate it if you'd COOPERATE."
"Nngh.." I groaned.
"All you have to do is go along with it. Sound simple?" I briskly nodded, although I heavily disagreed. "Good!" His eyes widened with some sort of insane delight and he scanned around the corridor from where he stood. Eventually, his eyes settled on a lone roll of mauve ribbon on top of a wooden desk. I frowned, suddenly very alert. "Don't move." He growled and I hesitantly nodded, making up my mind. He hobbled over to the ribbon and I paused, deep in thought.

'Should I? Should I not?'

I grimaced. It was a long shot, but I'd have to take it. I looked to see what he was doing - he was fiddling with the ribbon, he'd seemed to have accidentally unraveled far too much - and I stealthily stepped sideways, making my way back to my office door. "Edgeworth..." I heard a small, irritated voice to my left and froze. "I thought I told you not to move." He snarled and sprinted up to me; "I trusted you..." I felt his bone-chillingly cold breath on my neck. "Nngh..." I gritted my teeth as he cocked his head. "Oh well. Now you can't escape, anyway." He laughed as he suddenly wrapped the ribbon tightly around my waist. "Agh!" I cried out as he tied a knot so that it was securely fastened around my hips and then proceeded with tying up my hands behind me. "Shhhh!" He hissed, grinning. After he did that, he gagged me with some more of the ribbon. I gave up resisting and allowed this to happen. Shortly afterward, he pushed me forward, indicating for me to walk, as he hadn't tied up my legs. I sighed underneath the gag and began to tentatively step forward, being pushed occasionally when he wanted me to speed up. I was eventually led to my basement.

"In." I shook my head and tried to show him that I couldn't open the door due to my tied up hands. "Ah. Right." He turned the brass door handle and revealed my dark, box filled, wooden basement. I'd had it recently refurbished, so nothing was rotting and it looked sort of comfortable. "Bye!" I frowned as I felt my legs buckle and my body clumsily give in to gravity due to a hard push. I was sent flying down the wooden stairs and tried to cry out as I hit the solid, wooden ground with a crunch. The door to the basement slammed shut and I was left helpless, unable to to get up without the aid of my hands. I fought with the ribbon, the pressure of the one around my waist making it hard to breath, like I was being suffocated by the air. I took in as many breaths as I could, but was unable to through my mouth, due to the tightly bound gag. Pain was spreading across my body, from the shoulder I landed on all the way to my legs, which had become numb and lifeless. I closed my eyes and whimpered.

'Is this what it felt like for Phoenix all those times he's been kidnapped and tortured?'

I shuddered at the thought. Phoenix. God knows what the other Edgeworth had in store for him! I grunted as I tried to shift to no avail.

'Phoenix... Please find me...'

I let myself rest.