CHAPTER ONE

"Tonight is a no drama night, none at all. Just smile and go through," She thought to herself as she applied mascara to her already thick lashes, the blue-green eyes that she had were taking the center of the show, as she expertly put subtle hints of makeup on the other parts of her face. It was part of her daily routine, a sacrilege almost to what was her life.

Bella worked with a wholesome variety of characters, some of which were unpleasant but it all paid off in the end,  not to mention that the agency that worked with her often weeded out these men, so they were rare. The events that often happened to her so then were , a businessman in his 40s fall asleep after sex at his own pace, and spending dinners and events with men having their arms tightly snaked around her waist, as if she was a trophy to be showed off to the others in the room, but it was job after all.

Shaking herself out of these thoughts, she took a deep breath and examined herself in the mirror. The sleek olive green dress her client had specifically told her to wear was unsurprisingly clinging to all the right places.

"What a good choice," She silently thanked the heavens for giving her the dress, even if her client tonight would be a horrible troll with back warts, she still had the dress to keep. Her phone suddenly buzzed with an alarm, signaling to her that it was 6pm, and she had to go.

She double checked again on her appearances, making sure she looked glamorous enough for what would be her most high-end event, as her agency described it as. Her client, one of the richest men in the metropolis, Ethan Brutensworth, was to pick her up in front of her apartment at 6:05 sharp, so she quickly stuffed the phone into her clutch, slipped on her matching heels and stepped out of her humble abode.

                                                                        -

Ethan glanced at her from across the black limousine, his pearly white teeth reminded Bella of the Cheshire Cat.

"On time," a smile grows on his face, "those are the kind of women I just love." Bella shyly giggles at his comment, suppressing the urge to wipe the creepy grin off his face.

"Now I must say you were beautiful in the pictures, but in no tarnations of hell did I expect them to send me a bombshell"

"Thank you, Mr. Brutensworth it's quite flattering," She flashed him a fake, flirty smile. The same old thing she always did with the rest of the men who complimented her.

"Now come here and do what I paid you to do" His tone remained the same, but Bella noticed his hand move towards his fly, and all she could do was groan inwardly, trying to apprehend the situation that she had already repeated so many times before.

                                                                        -

"You got this, You got this." She tried to rejuvenate herself, as she fixed her hair, which had been so carelessly pulled around. Her face remained untouched although, just a quick fix on the copper pink lip gloss she had put on that night. Ethan had been quite rough, but it wasn't anything she wasn't used to.

With a final touch on her hair, she gave her image a nod and a thumbs up in the bathroom mirror, in which were she immediately went to after the car ride, and to her luck, was outside where the paparazzi were taking numerous pictures.

The door suddenly banged open, her head whipped to the side, and a body crashed into hers.

"Oh my god!' the girl who had just fallen on Bella exclaimed, "What the hell did you do to my dress?"

The girl's long blonde hair flipped to the side as she got up, letting Bella see a blocked figure in the other side of the bathroom.

He was standing tall, in a navy blue suit with a striped polo inside. His hair was stranded, falling in all the right corners of his face till his chin the dirty blondness of it; highlighting the strong bone structure he had. But his eyes struck her the most, the most perverse grey she had ever seen. Sure there were stormy ones, dull ones, but these were striking, intimidating even. It felt alienating as they both stared at each other, till a sharp voice interrupted the mystical moment between them.

"I have seriously got to go!" The blonde woman in front of her seemed to whine, as she made her way towards the man.

"But I will definitely see you later." She took one perfectly manicured claw, as Bella liked to name overly long fingernails, and dragged it down his chest, yet his face stayed as still as stone, his eyes seeming uninterested.

She walked out of the bathroom just as Bella tried to get up, and in two long strides he was there to help her.

"No thank you, I'm good on my own" She remarked as she slowly started to think about Ethan's reaction to her long time in the bathroom, all due to this man's hookup.

He seemed dejected by her rejection, and retracted his hand from the frustrated beauty.

She stood up, and grasped the sink for support, but accidentally grasped upon the spot in which his hand was curled around. She felt something, not electricity as the cliché goes, but a flowing flood inside her, as if his hand in hers would be alike to water, soft enough to give life, strong enough to take it away.

"What's your name?" She widened her eyes at him, baffled to the thought of him asking for her name after their awkward encounter with her still trying to balance on her heels.

"Bella.' She quipped as she grabbed her clutch from the sink.

"Beautiful name really," his voice sounded like a deep amber honey her ears just consumed. She looked into his eyes, and found herself to be immersed in them, the grey just constant, yet an everchanging  mix of black and white.

"Why, what's yours?" her tone impediment to the small smile on his face.

"Lex actually, Lex Luthor."

-

so here's the first chapter!! please react so i know what ya'll think of it. I'll probably be updating daily so expect the next one tomorrow <3

edit; yikes i just had to edit this chapter and tweak it a lil bit lol but i rlly wanted some more lex ;))

x belle