My Nightmare.

When you invited your friends over to hang out, you definitely were not expecting this to happen. Your neighbor getting akumatized. Ladybug and Chat Noir in your backyard. A life and death situation resting upon your shoulders. It started out as a normal evening, a few classmates came over your house so you could watch some movies and play games together. Adrien and Nino took care of the music and games, Marinette came with the food and Alya brought the movies. You provided with the place, since you'd have the house all to yourself for the weekend.

Everything went fine until you heard shouts and screams from the house next door. And they weren't the fun type. Looking out the window, you noticed a woman dressed in a black robe, with a cowl covering her face. A cold shiver went down your spine. You knew you'd seen this woman before.. in your worst nightmares. But she couldn't be real, could she? She was just a part of your imagination, right?

"She has been akumatized! Where are Ladybug and Chat Noir? We need them, NOW!" Alya yelled as the black hooded woman approached your house, plants withering with each step she took. You curled up, hugging your knees close to your chest, rocking back and forth. 'This can't be happening. This can't be real.' is what you kept telling yourself, over and over. You didn't even see the blond boy crouching beside you, trying to get your attention until he shook you gently.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" he asked, his voice having an immediate calming effect upon you, his hand still resting on your shoulder.

"I.. I'll be fine." you tried to sound convincing but failed miserably, judging by the look Adrien gave you.

"Is there any place we can hide?" Marinette came in.

'Think, (y/n), think!' you wanted to scream because of how lost you felt in this situation. Then, it hit you.

"My dad's study. It's a secret room in the house. You can't find it unless you've been there before." you stated.

"Perfect. Everyone, follow (y/n)." Marinette's leader attitude showed.

First floor, go left, up a set of stairs, inside the library. Third row on the right, you recalled. The bookshelf was small, yet intriguing. It had a quote carved into the wooden frame. "Not all those who wander are lost" it said. You knew exactly which book it came from. Upon pressing it, the secret door opened with a creak. As you entered the study, you heard the front door open. You knew exactly who it was.

"Hurry up!" you told the rest of them and quickly shut the door. You slided against it, sighing in relief.

"Guys.. where are Marinette and Adrien?" Nino panicked.

"They were right.. here. I saw them enter the room, they were right behind me!" you jumped out of your spot. A moment of silence was all you needed to hear the voices outside. A brief exchange of words, but you knew exactly who they were. Ladybug and Chat Noir had come to your rescue!

"We'll be fine! They're here now! They'll take care of the hooded lady." you smiled at them.

"(Y/n).. what hooded lady?" Alya asked, concern written all over her face.

"The hooded lady we are hiding from? Didn't you see her?" the panic slowly started coming back.

"That's not what I saw." Nino and Alya said in unison.

"The thing I saw wasn't even human. It looked like something..-" the auburn-haired girl started.

"From your worst nightmares?" you completed.

"Exactly! How did you know that?"

Oh, no. It was worse than you thought.

"Whatever that thing is, it takes the shape of our worst nightmares." you ran towards the door.