Chapter 5

I was woken by a loud banging on my door and Randy screeching in her Capitol accent to get up and ready for breakfast. One good thing about going into the arena was that I wouldn't have to be woken up by her every day...but I might be woken up by someone trying to kill me...I pushed all thoughts of the games out of my head and decided I would try to enjoy the last few days of my life in happiness.

Grabbing a cute summer dress, blue and green, bunched in the middle with a blue cardigan and green pumps, I applied some mascara and blueish green eyeshadow. I looked like home.

Sitting down on the bed, I wept until I had no more tears. I stared at the mirror and realised my mascara had run. Had to keep up the appearance I thought. Reapplying my make-up, I ran downstairs to breakfast.

Warm pancakes with blueberries and maple syrup filled me up and I sat back with a sigh, contented. "Come on the everyone! Let's watch the reaping" said Randy enthusiastically.

We went through all the districts but there were only a few that caught my eye. The girl from 1 was naturally breathtaking as was the boy. The female from 2 volunteered. She had piercing blue eyes and huge muscles. Her male counterpart also volunteered. He looked a lot like her. They must be brother and sister.

No one else looked dangerous apart from the volunteer from 7. She had on an emotionless expression but her eyes glinted with something that looked like madness. She might even have a chance to be a part of the career pack.

Suddenly, the windows went black ad there was the Capitol. It was beautiful but the citizens were just bizarre. Huge spikes of orange hair, cheetah spots, claws and green skin were some of the things I saw. They were disgusting but I started waving. Maybe I could get some sponsors. I thought.

I turned around and found Finnick smiling approvingly. David sat grumpily in the corner. He didn't need to wave. He could probably just get sponsors by his body build.

Soon, the train came to a stop.