2.

"So he broke into your home and you helped him?" Stephanie confusedly waves her hands around as she shoves a forkful of eggs into her mouth. "What kind of person would do that? For all we know, that masked asshole could have been planning your death last night."

"While I was aiding all his bruises and cuts? While I was sitting right beside him?" I raise my eyebrow, following my best friend's actions and placing a mouthful of food into my mouth.

"What did he say his name was?" She gazes at me curiously, chewing loudly and awaiting an answer.

"Red Hood," I say, lightly waving my fork in the air in her direction. "Or something like that."

"Yup, definitely planning your demise." She mumbles, not expecting me to have heard. I give her a questioning look but choose to ignore the surprise and recognition that becomes evident in her expression, not wanting to push the subject further.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Everyone knows who he is. And that he's dangerous, Danielle."

"I didn't," I state, picking up my now empty plate and taking it to the kitchen. Dumping it in the sink, I look over my shoulder, an approaching Stephanie coming into my view. "I'd never heard of him before last night."

"You moved here almost seven months ago, how have you not heard of him?" She walks up beside me, grabbing the dirty plate that I had started to wash and placing it in the dishwasher along with her own. I sigh, drying my hands on a small towel before pulling the blonde girl into my bedroom. "And any person who breaks into your home is dangerous."

"I understand that -"

"Then why did you help him!?" She stresses, her arms flailing. I stare at her almost questionably, thinking twice over my answer.

"I-I don't know, Steph."

"You're so stupid sometimes," Stephanie laughs, flopping - quite literally - down onto my bed.

"Shut up!" I roll my eyes at her playfully, a small smile playing on my lips.

I had met Stephanie Brown the day that I had first arrived in Gotham at a small coffee shop she tends to spend a lot of time at and we had instantly hit it off. I was sitting close to the counter where she was ordering from the barista who was serving the very little amount of people who had stopped by the little cafe that day. Now, Steph can be a very nosy and confident girl, more than you'd expect. She had seen me sitting alone, maybe looking a little lost - I wouldn't know as of now - and typing away on my phone. Stephanie was probably the first person to have spoken to me politely in this city.

Other than the fact that I had moved to Gotham for university, there was really no other reason for me to have left Central City apart from the fact that I had been bored of the same scenery; having lived there for all nineteen years of my life. And I was also growing sick of all the problems that those rogue metahuman criminals were causing to the city, even though I had known that Gotham City may not be the best place to move to if I wanted to get away from problems like that. But that wasn't my main focus, I wanted (and still do) to attend Gotham University.

I knew of the set backs or dangers that may come along with living in a city like this, where almost 6 out of ten residents have a 70 percent chance of corruption. A place where it may be difficult to find genuinely good people.