-8-

Exaggerately speaking, I almost died doing my book report. One night, my laptop crashed so I have to format everything in there including my drafts. Im halfway through my report and then that disgusting thing happened. I was about to throw my laptop because I just lost my patience. Who doesn't? I was like a kid who had lost her barbie doll . I cried,  groaned and hated everything that was in my way. I am not the usual Jessy that time.

Good thing my mom was always there to help me. While Im telling her the whole thing, she remained cool and steady as if nothing important have lost. Seriously mom? Well, what should I expect? Seeing mom cry for me ? For my book report? So yeah, I started over again with the help of my mom. I was out of my mind completely and I couldn't think well. I needed another brain to work for me. So thank you mom, thank you.

And after those sleepless, crazy nights, I am done with the book report. I could finally breathe. *sighs heavily*

"That was insane!" Erin laughed. Wow. "Seriously? If I were you, I would have thrown that gadget anywhere. Out of my sight."

"I almost did. But it's better to have my laptop formatted than seeing it in pieces. I couldn't bear that." I said, as I picture myself out. 

So I was at Erin's place, the usual place to hang out every after classes.

"Huh. Nice. " She rolled her eyes.

"I wonder if my laptop would crash again. I couldn't imagine myself being on that situation, please, This would be the first and last." I said as I laid myself on Erin's bed.

"Crazy as it seems, every student feels that. But I was lucky enough it didn't happen to me. HA HA "

"So what are you trying to say? " I gave her the look.

"Haha! Nothing! I was just, you know, " she turned to her phone, looking away from me. Nice bestie.

We were quiet for almost an hour. No talks, no laughs, our eyes were just glued to our phone when. . .

*ringgggg ringgggg*

"Oh gosh it's Kev." My eyes widened when I saw his name on my phone's screen.

"What are you looking at? Go!"

I answerd his call.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jess."

"Yeah, why?"

"Where are you now?" I looked at Erin, trying to organize words in my head. I need a good answer. I raised Erin an eyebrow, a sign for 'what to say?' help. But she just stared at me, that's all. Nice

"Um Im with Erin, at her house."

"Oh."

"Why Kev?"

"Just called to ask if you're available today. I'm with the guys, we're here at Pizza Subway. "

Seriously, I didn't know what to tell. Half available coz Im doing nothing with Erin. Half not coz I just want to hang out in here with my phone, on Erin's bed. SHOULD I ? OR NOT?

"Yo, Jess? Still alive?"

That snapped me into the reality. I shot Erin a look, and Erin grinned.

"Uh yes yes still here. Sorry Kev, I can't , maybe next time. "

Erin gave me the look of disappoinment. Is that a big deal?

"Well then, okay."

"Have fun with the guys!" I said cheerfully. Then I heard a *beep meaning he's off.

"Pizza Subway. The only place in town where the guys usually eat out. Couldn't they afford any higher resto?" Erin said. Sarcastic thing for me. Ouch.

"Haha, it's their own choice. "

"Tch. " She rolled her eyes on me.
So Erin and I were just like that, teasing, rolling our eyes, going crazy over Ansel Elgort til it's time for me to go. Then I remembered Kev again, wondering how was he doing.

*******

Comment and Vote ! ♡