27th of August 2013

Dear Evangeline Sophia,

            I know I never really got to see you, but you were the most beautiful little girl. You are missing out on so much. If only you had taken your first breath. If only I hadn’t gotten in that fight. If only I had done something. You may have been here with me. You are the only person I have had such unconditional love for. I want you to know how much you are on my mind, Every day, Every night. Even though Mommy and Daddy are no longer together, we both love you soooooo much. I know you are in Heaven looking down on me. I always wonder who you would have looked like most. Mommy misses you sweetheart. If only I would have known before that night, I never would have gone. I promise to tell your siblings in the future about you and maybe I will even name one after you. Wouldn’t that be cool? Every time I hear a baby cry or see a new mother with her newborn, I think of you and wish you were here with me. Despite what I or anyone else may say, I don’t regret getting pregnant with you. The only thing I regret is going to that party. It is what made me lose you. I promise to start writing to you more often. I will be up there with you one day baby girl. Right now, I bet you are having such an amazing time playing with the other kids up there. You probably met Papa, Grandpa Donny, Aunt Jan, Granny, Grandma Wood, Papaw, and Uncle Steve, Uncle Larry, Uncle Jerry, Aunt Joan, and Grandpa Gene. I bet they all love you just like I do. I really wish you were here with me right now though. I would’ve given my last breath to see you take your first. No one will ever know how much I love you. But, here’s the special thing, Evangeline, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside. Fly High my Angel. I love you.

                                                                                    Love,

                                                                                                Mommy <3