30th of August 2013

Dear Evangeline Sophia,

                        So today, we were getting lectured about something on our test.  All I could think about was you.  I wrote your name in a fancy font and drew pictures of angel wings, a heart, and a baby footprint.  I saw a little girl with blonde hair and a bow walking with her mom.  I imagined teaching you how to walk. You would probably already be doing that by now.  I miss you so much.   I can’t believe in a little over a month you would be a year old.  I just can’t grasp that concept.  I would give my last breath right now if only you could come back and live your life.  I’m sorry Daddy doesn’t write to you.  I’m sure he is really busy.   He tells me it’s my fault that you are gone.  What do you think about that?  Do you think it’s my fault?  I really hope not.  Though I do blame myself every day, I don’t want you to think less of me.  I want to make you proud.  I’m determined.  My goal is to do anything and everything to make sure my little angel is proud.  I wish you were here.  I would get home at 2:30 and pick you up and kiss you.  You could go out to dinner with the family tonight.  We are going to Red Lobster.  I wonder. Would you have liked seafood?  Would you be allergic?  Who knows?  What I do know is I would anything I could to make sure you had an amazing life. You would have lots of toys, pillows, and blankets.  You have a lot of cousins, you know.  I’m sure they would love to have met you. Well lovebug, I got to wrap this up for now. The bell is going to ring. I love you.

                                                                                    Love,

                                                                                                Mommy<3