Chapter 41

The next morning I had slept in and once I woke up I was kept busy with preparations for the concert tonight. I was officially the concert manager for this event so it’s a bit of an understatement to say that I was stressed. The venue was booked, the lighting had been tested as well as the sound, all the instruments were ready and the advertisement was out. Grace had offered to help me out so she was my assistant manager for the night. I have to admit this was an amazing job. I had to get ready pretty early because I would be extremely busy as it got closer to show time. I put on my gold sparkly peplum top with my black skinny jeans and matching shoes. I gave my hair Victoria’s Secret curls and did a nice evening look for my makeup. I then went to check on the boys. They were eating food backstage and had already changed into their stage clothes. It was up to Grace and me to do their hair. Grace was just now getting ready seeing as she had school today.  “Okay who sweats the most?” I ask the boys. They all give me strange looks. “Okay well we need to do hair in order of least to most sweaty” I say. “Uh Ash sweats the most, but other than that I think we’re all even.” Calum says looking over at Ashton. “It’s true. I get pretty into it when I drum” he says kind of embarrassed to be deemed the sweatiest. “Okay well I’ll start with Calum first then” I say motioning for Calum to come with me. Calum’s hair was pretty easy to fix so it didn’t take too much time. I then started on Luke’s hair. His hair was taking a bit longer than Calum’s did. Grace showed up right as I was in the middle of doing his hair so I had her work on Michael. Grace was wearing a long sleeve scoop black tee tucked into a high waisted leopard print skirt with a cute black bow belt at the waist. She had coupled this with a pair of black peep toe heels and a gorgeous sock bun and evening makeup. After a while I had finished Luke’s hair and moved onto Ashton’s. His was about as quick as Calum’s and Grace didn’t have to spend too much time on Michael’s hair. Soon the show was about ready to start.

          The boys played their set and I got to watch most of it from off stage seeing as I was the stage manager and all. Calum thanked them all for coming and told them that he and the boys were heading off to London tomorrow to write an album. The boys then exited the stage and I greeted them backstage. “Cal, you rocked!” I say giving Calum a high-five before putting his bass guitar up. “Hey Mikey, good show tonight” I yell over to Michael who was helping Grace put his guitar away. “Thanks, couldn’t have done it without you” he calls back smiling. I turn my head around and come face to face with Luke. “We put on a nice show together don’t you think” he says throwing his arm around me. “I think so. Hey why don’t you gather up the boys for an after party at my house tonight? Have a huge sleepover?” I suggest. “Sounds good. I’ll let them know” he says scurrying off. I scan the room for Ashton, but don’t see him. I then feel a pair of arms hug my waist from behind. I lean my head back into my boyfriend’s shoulder and he snickers at me. “Thought I had forgotten about you huh?” he asks. “No, not that. I was just looking for you that’s all. I knew you wouldn’t forget about me.” I say. “Good, because I would never forget you” he whispers in my ear sending chill down my spine. “Help me get everything settled here, and we can get back to my house quicker.” I say turning around to face him. “Sounds like a plan” he says before softly kissing my lips. We both pull away after a moment and everybody hurries to clean everything up. Eventually we are all ready to leave and we make our way to my house.