How Embarrassing

In advance, sorry for the crappy writing. I'm also publishing every Friday?? Maybe??

~5th Grade (10 years old)~

Aleks POV

Today was the day. Today was the day I was going to confess my feelings towards James. I looked back to see if he was here today.

He was.

I took out my paper and pencil and started writing it out.

Dear James,

I really, really like you. Not in a friend way but in a more than a friend type of way. I don't want it to be awkward just because of this. I still would like to be your friend. I would like to kno--

"ALEKSANDR!" I jumped at the sudden loudness. "I would like to know what you're writing about that you can't answer my simple question."

"Uhh, it's nothing. I was about to throw it awa--"

"No. You are going to read it to everyone. Now get up and go to the front of the class." I slowly got up and started walking. "And I'm going to read the paper afterwards to see if you were reading it or not."

"Okay. Uhm. 'Dear James, I really, really like you." I stopped to close my eyes for a couple seconds and breathed. "Not in a friend way but in a more than a friend type of way. I don't want it to be awkward just because of this. I still would like to be your friend. I would like to know.'" I closed my eyes again to steady my shaking hands. I walked to my seat without looking up and put my head down.

"Thank you, Aleks. This should teach you not to write notes during important class time." I gritted my teeth and picked up my head looking forward not wanting to move.

"Of course, Ms."

~Recess~

I went to play some soccer with Eddie to try and calm my nerves.

"Hey, Aleks? You okay? She just wanted you to pay attention dude."

"Yea I know but I didn't want the whole class to know I liked him! He probably thinks I'm a weirdo now and doesn't want to ever see me again." I looked at the ball and gave it a hard kick to get rid of my anger and sadness. I kicked it way to hard it went over the net and onto the other field.

"God damn it, Aleks!"

"Sorry!" Eddie started running towards the ball. I waited for a while before I saw Eddie running back but he suddenly stopped which made me give him a weird look. He wasn't even looking at me. I looked towards where he was looking and saw that James was walking towards me. I gave Eddie a pleading look and then started sprinting towards him. I turned back to see James sprinting after me. He caught up to me and tackled me to the floor. I should probably join track so this won't happen again.

"Hey Aleks, I just want to talk. I don't want to hurt you."

"Too late."

"Oh sorry, right." He got off me and held out his hand so I could take it. I grabbed it and he pulled me up.

"Hey man, listen, I'm sorry I wrote that. Let's just stay friends. You're a great friend and I don't want to lose you just cause of something dumb I wrote." I said it out in such rushed letters, I was hoping he did understand.

"It's okay, I like, like you too."

"Please. Let's just be frien-- wait, what?"

"I also like you Aleksandr. I was trying to tell you earlier but you ran from me." I looked at him and gave him a weird look like I didn't believe him.

"I'm not lying. Trust me."

"Who told you to say this?" He gave me a confused look.

"No one told me to say anything." He leaned down and gave me a peck on the cheek holding my hand. I started blushing and looked down.

"If I was told to tell you, would I have kissed you?"

"Maybe." He laughed a bit before pulling me with him to the tables.

"I was playing soccer with Eddie".

"I don't think he wants to play anymore." He looked over to where Eddie is and I looked with him. He was talking to a girl and when he saw me looking I winked at him, causing him to wink back at me. I chuckled a bit.
"What are you laughing at?" I looked over at him, then looked at our conjoined hands.

"Nothing." I said with a big smile.

"Now you have to tell me!"

"Never." He pushed me to the grass and started tickling me.

"TELL ME!" Still tickling me, he kept yelling for me to tell him.

"IT'S NOT IMPORTANT! PLEASE!" I thought I was going to pee myself when he finally stopped.

"Fine. Don't tell me. It's not like I even care. It's fine." He kept saying 'It's fine' over and over again until I finally decided to stop him by telling him.
"Alright! I'll tell you. I just winked at Eddie. That's it."

"Yeah okay sure. It's fin-"
"NO! Okay. I'll tell you what else. Just please stop saying 'It's fine.' That's so annoying. Okay and when he saw me wink at him he winked back. Damn you're annoying."

"Ouch. Now was that so hard. See this is going to get easier."

~11th grade (16 years old)~

I walked into school holding my boyfriend's hand. I couldn't believe it was our 6 year anniversary. We've broken up multiple times over the dumbest things but we always came back together. I'm so glad for my teacher to tell me to read it out loud. She did help a lot. :)

Okay woah, I was thinking about turning this into a sad story but idk