Making The Leap - A New Theory part three

"GRACE!" Shouted Connie causing the guests in the corridor to turn and look at her shaking their heads. "Oh get out of my way!" Snarled Connie as she breezed pasted them in the same direction Grace had gone earning more disapproving looks.
Connie followed Grace down the flight of stairs to the reception. "GRACE...stop running and talk to me!" But Grace didn't stop, she headed for the front doors of the hotel.
Connie was about to go after her again when she felt a hand on her shoulder. "I'll go its torrential out there." Said Jacob talking about the rain that hadn't stopped in two days.
It didn't take long for Jacob to close in on Grace as she took off over the field that surrounded the hotel. He lost sight of her as she rounded some trees and bushes. "Where did she go?" He hadn't released Connie had followed him until she spoke up beside him.
She stood there bare foot in the grass holding up her dress from the ground.
"I don't know. Round those trees." Pointed Jacob has he set off running again.
"GRACE! GRACE!" Shouted Connie and Jacob.
In the distance they heard a squeal. "Oh my god, Jacob! Where is she?!" Panicked Connie.
Jacob ran in the direction to he thought the sound had come from, as he rounded some bushes he skidded to a halt.
Looking down over a shear drop he saw Grace in the water, he backed up quickly to stop Connie falling as well as she caught up with him. "Did you see her?" She asked breathlessly.
"Ye...here take this." Said Jacob passing her his suit jacket and pressing a quick kiss to her lips. "I love you." He mumbled before turning round and taking a running jump off the edge.
Connie could only watch in horror as the murky water swallowed him up.