Prologue

Hinata had it. She couldn't handle it anymore.

Naruto...

She loved that boy for many years. Every since they were kids. Yet, he never noticed her.

Not once.

Not ever.

Over the years, the boy never got it through his thick scull! But that was the reason why Hinata still loved him, even till now.

Still loving him...

Well, not anymore.

Hinata laughed silently to herself.

She was stupid. She knew it. He'll never notice her. Never...

Just last week, Naruto had a big annoucement. What was it about?

He was officially dating Sakura.

Yes, he finally asked that brilliant pink haired medic out. He would grin proudly as a few guys patted him on the back, the girls talking excitedly to Sakura.

They were happy.

But Hinata wasn't...

But she never showed it.

She smiled.

A big fake smile.

She felt her delicate heart, ripped out her body, and broken into a million pieces. The truth was, Hinata never felt any hatred toward the medic. Sakura was strong, brave, and everything Hinata wasn't. She was successful, Hinata wasn't.

Hinata tried and tried. Tried to get stronger. But it wasn't working. She could never out match the famous medic. Not even half the amount. She knew the truth. She'll never become someone Naruto will love.

She will forever be a wannabe.

Hinata looked into her bedroom mirror. After hours of crying, her eyes became red, puffy from crying so hard and so long. She stood up and walked over to the mirror, resting her forhead aginst the cold surface.

I don't love him anymore.

I still love him....

As much as Hinata tried to deny it, she couldn't lie, not even to herself.

Hinata still loved Naruto.

Even if he's happy with Sakura, even if they get married, even if he has his own family.

She will still love him. With all her heart.

But she still silently cried. It was useless, he will never see her as anyone else.

Only as a friend.

She could only stay by his side, as a friend. But that was good enough.

Right?

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

First time writing something so...emotional!!! *O* Well, not really...I really love Hinata, she's my favorite character of all time!!!!  And I don't hate Sakura! She's just as awesome!!! Ok, enough of that! :3 Hoped you like this story so far!